Before you think that I’ve disfigured myself, relax, the exact opposite occurred. I entered the day hoping to be extremely productive; I exited the day doing nearly nothing.
Consequently, today’s blog will be a bit short and boring.
Today’s Personal Project
Go to LA Fitness before picking Tamara up at lunch.
Today’s Daily Challenge
List three healthy snacks you can reach for in the evening, such as fruit, nuts, or popcorn.
Nighttime snacking is a very common habit, and while having a bit of a healthy food now and then can be OK, we typically eat unhealthy foods â€“ and way too much of them! â€“ as we watch TV or read in the evening. By deciding on a few different healthy snacks ahead of time, you may be more likely to reach for a more nutritious choice.
Willpower, unbuttered popcorn, cashews/walnuts
So “Nap Taking” Is Not One Of The Seven Habits Of Highly Successful People?
Now you tell me…
Normally if I tell you that I “showered by 8” I would be referring to 8:00am and not 8:00pm. Yesterday would be the exception to that rule. I had no intention of being as lazy as I was yesterday but before I knew it the day had slipped by me. I did manage to update Xcode on all of my computers (a far more time-consuming task than I expected it to be), eat three meals, listen to a lot of podcasts and music, but not much else.
ITP Flickr Pic
Because I did nothing yesterday (including not taking any photos) I dug through the shots that I took two Sundays ago.
This is a display of wine in front of a bar/restaurant in the Marriott Marquis hotel downtown.
I’ve abstained from drinking alcohol for two days (hardly monumental), though I did eat more beer sausages yesterday. I think that streak will be coming to an end tonight.
I Never Saw This Coming
I’ve known about Amazon’s new service called “AutoRip” for a couple of weeks, but I’m just now getting around to mentioning it here. If you’ve ever purchased physical music CDs from Amazon in the past (as have I) they invented a service which automatically “ripped” them so that they are all now available digitally via your Amazon Cloud Player.
Hell, this may get me to purchase physical discs again when the mp3 downloads actually cost more than getting the physical disc shipped to me. Upon taking receipt of the physical disc in these cases I can simply toss it into a box destined for Goodwill and access the music from Amazon’s Cloud.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay
Current Music – listening to a “R3-30” podcast from CBC Radio 3 in preparation of retrieving my Canadian friend again
Website Of The Day – I first heard about EAV Radio on Saturday night. I first listened to EAV Radio yesterday.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – n/a
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking again soon?
Foot Mileage – ~14.8 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 9
Days Of Bed-Making – 3
Vegetarian Meals – 39
Carnivorous Meals – 44
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013