This has been a stressful week which can’t end soon enough for me. Some of my grief is self-inflicted, some has been provided by external sources.
Today’s Personal Project
Get my shit done. TODAY!
Today’s Daily Challenge
Write down a personal mantra or motto and put it in a visible spot.
Whether you’re looking for motivation, trying to cope with a tough situation at home or work, or just want to feel good about yourself, words can be powerful tools. Motivational sayings are commonly used in sports and business as visualization tools. Single words or phrases (mantras) are also used in meditation to transport you to a quieter, more peaceful place. Experts believe that when you repeat your mantra, your mind goes to deeper levels of awareness, which can create a sense of calm, enhance feelings of well-being, increase energy, and boost creativity.
See today’s photo.
I Do This To Myself
Who among us does not know that procrastination is bad. I spent 2012 putting off shuttering Sharpened Stone, LLC. Stupid. Amid all of the madness that was my attempt to get the app released I filed away the business license paperwork sent to me by the City of Atlanta. More stupidity.
In past years I renewed the business license online with little difficulty. I assumed that this would be the case again this year.
Last night I attempted to renew and when I finally found the proper links on the City’s website, I found out that this year I had to upload copies of paperwork which must be signed and notarized.
All of this has to be completed by tomorrow, else I face receiving a $500 fine from the City. Have I mentioned that there appears to be some incorrect information on the City’s form which doesn’t appear to be changeable online (SURPRISE!)
Dammit. I hate myself at the moment. I need to start following my resurrected mantra.
It Felt Like Old Times
Last night I joined some coworkers for beers and food at Taco Mac. It’s been some time since I’ve darkened Taco Mac’s doors. The evening was fun, I consumed two beers (my total is now 475!), chips and salsa, and some chicken wings.
I seriously felt as if I could sit there and drink beer all night, which is why I got my check and left at the end of completing my second.
Happy My Bloody Valentine’s Day
In case you hadn’t heard the news, My Bloody Valentine released their first new album in nearly twenty-one years.
To celebrate this I will spend this Valentine’s Day submitting paperwork to the City of Atlanta, getting a haircut, and returning to the ITP Estate so that I don’t have to be around couples giving each other lovey-dovey eyes.
If your plans involve spending today with you significant other then I wish you well.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – flustered
Current Music – listening to a recent “Judge John Hodgman” podcast
Website Of The Day – Until today I never knew of the American Institute of Stress.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking again Friday
Foot Mileage – ~2.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 5
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 15
Carnivorous Meals – 19
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013