I just can’t seem to shake this crud. I feel 75% well (or so) today, but I want to feel as close to 100% as I can again.
At least this morning didn’t start with the fear of a crashed hard drive. I went a bit nuts yesterday and ordered a 256GB SSD to put into this laptop. I really don’t need the ginormous terabyte spinning drives available today and figure that even if the laptop goes kaput the SSD will be useful down the road.
Today’s Personal Project
Get better and perhaps go to the gym this afternoon.
Today’s Daily Challenge
I’m stealing tomorrow’s challenge because I like it a lot better than today’s.
Write down five activities that make you happy.
Research shows that you can learn to be happier and more satisfied with your life, even if you’re not someone who usually looks on the bright side. By writing a list of things that make you happy, you bring attention to the positive aspects of your life.
Okay, here goes:
- Eating/Drinking (I prefer alcohol) with friends
- Exercising (weight lifting, bike riding)
- Writing beautiful, efficient code (it’s what keeps me in my job)
- Getting engulfed in music to the point where I don’t care if anyone else is near me
- Doing something that I have not done in an eternity (you should probably read into this one, but I will neither confirm nor deny your assumptions)
Feel free to put your five into a comment.
So Close To Being Caught Up
I wish this title was applicable to all facets of my life, but I can only make this statement regarding Top Chef. Last night I picked up some food from SoBa and joined ITP-Reader Betsy at her house for some eating, wine drinking, and Top Chef viewing. We have watched through to the point where our next episode will be the first part of the season finale.
Never would I have guessed that the two cheftestants who remain (please, I know the winner was proclaimed this week so don’t spoil this for me) would be the last two cheftestants standing. All in all I think that it has been a fairly unremarkable year and that the twists put into the show to change things up a bit have fallen flat.
I look forward to watching the final two episodes some time next week with Betsy.
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing again. I swear that this will change next week.
Days Of Note Passed Without Mention
I failed to mention that Wednesday was the two-year anniversary of my bike wreck and wish I could say that I am 100% recovered from it. I am still in the possession of the crutches lent to me by ITP-Reader Terri, which is why I’ve added a few one-hit goals for this month.
Yesterday I failed to mention that, had my dad not passed away, it would have been my parents’ 65th wedding anniversary. I guess that it still was the 65th anniversary of the day that the were wed, but since his passing there has been no celebration of the date by my mother.
Speaking of my mother, this past Sunday was her birthday! It would be rude of me to tell you how old she is now, but I guess you can get an idea from the fact that she would have been married to my dad for sixty-five years yesterday. I’m planning on figuring out a weekend in the near future when I can go down to Florida for a visit.
Upping My Game This Weekend
I’ve been trying to up my game by making myself a “better” person and this week I plan to take it to another level. The weather outlook makes it appear as if it will be a great weekend to stay indoors, so I plan to do a lot of organizing, cleaning, cooking, and watching of coding tutorials. Hell, I might even try to schedule some reading time into my life.
I’m just hoping that by Monday my crud will be a thing of the past.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – sick and tired of being sick and tired, as well as having to deal with some other issues which are afflicting me. Also, I have a headache today which for me is unusual.
Current Music – listening to a recent “Coverville” podcast
Website Of The Day – I’m not sure how much credence for being a tastemaker I give Hypejar, but time will tell.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – weigh in again Friday
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 0
Carnivorous Meals – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– not get sick
– lose two pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 50 miles
– lift weights at the gym no fewer than eight times
– finish at least two of the books I am reading
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
– prepare a house repair plan and budget
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
– return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013