If you are thinking “Gee, the blog is late. I wonder if Paulie worked out this morning?” you would be correct. I left the house thinking that I was going to do one of my weight routines, but by the time I arrived to my near-work LA Fitness I was in no mood to lift. So I took to the treadmill and Galloway-Methoded myself for an hour (I essentially did “walk one minute, run ten minutes” with a four-minute cool down. Therefore I wound up walking for ten minutes, running for fifty minutes in total).
Today’s Personal Project
Stay up late enough to go see/hear Country Mice perform at Drunken Unicorn. Oh, and call my mother beforehand.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Eat one food rich in vitamin K, such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, or asparagus.
Vitamin K is critical because it helps with blood clotting and has been shown to help build bone. A recent study showed that women who get at least 100 micrograms of vitamin K a day are 30% less likely to break a hip than those who don’t.
Perhaps I should go to The Shed for Slider Night and Brussels Sprouts, though it won’t quite be the same sans Mandy.
Lavanderia, Lee’s Bakery, ITP-Reader Betsy’s
I left work early enough yesterday to head directly to the lavanderia to take care of that chore before having fun.
From the lavanderia I drove down to Lee’s Bakery to pick up some Banh MÃ sandwiches to take to Betsy’s house. Unfortunately Lee’s has become quite popular with the hipster crowd, so I waited a full thirty minutes from the time I placed my order to the time I left the building.
At Betsy’s she and I watched the final two episodes of Top Chef (boy, talk about anti-climatic, I seriously hated the way that they ended this season) as well as the frustrating finale of The Taste.
By the time I arrived home it was quite late and I think I passed out about twenty minutes after I put the freshly-laundered linens onto the bed.
ITP Flickr Pic
I’ve always been intrigued by the array of desserts offered by the carniceria near Lee’s Bakery so I stopped in an picked some up before ordering sandwiches last night.
My favorite of these three is the one with the pineapple filling.
I also used this photo as a test of a iOS app called “Cortexcam” that I purchased a few days ago.
Start Late, Finish Late
I’m starting my day late which means that I will be finishing late as well. From work tonight I think that I may pop into The Shed before heading home to change and then heading out to the Drunken Unicorn tonight to see/hear Country Mice.
Country Mice is the second opener, which is a mixed blessing. On the one hand as an opener they will not be playing a full set (which I saw them do once before at Drunken Unicorn and really liked it), on the other hand as an opener they will be finishing early enough so that I won’t be getting home around 12:30am-1:00am.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – Point: Graham Hill’s “Living WIth Less: A Lot Less.”. Counterpoint: Hamilton Nolan’s “It Would Be Great if Millionaires Would Not Lecture Us on â€˜Living With Lessâ€™”.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – sadly, 213.6 pounds
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 1 (1 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 18
Carnivorous Meals – 18
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– not get sick
– lose two pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 50 miles
– lift weights at the gym no fewer than eight times
– finish at least two of the books I am reading
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
– prepare a house repair plan and budget
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
– return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) – by Sean Wells