Another night of passing out early yet sleeping late. I forced myself into LA Fitness this morning (yay me!) for an hour’s worth of tough jogging (Galloway Method) on the treadmill. I know that the treadmill provides mechanical advantage so that I doubt that I will be thrilled with my jogging when I return to the great outdoors. Today I started to listen to The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams, as read by Stephen Fry. It’s been many, many years since I read this book and my retention is nowhere near what other’s have, so I am “rereading” it again — through headphones.
Today’s Personal Project
Be productive at work.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Brush your tongue when you brush your teeth today.
Teeth and gums aren’t the only places in your mouth that collect food particles over the course of the day! Nope, your tongue is also a willing host of icky debris. Brushing your tongue helps to banish bacteria, and this can prevent decay in nearby teeth. A tidy tongue also helps put the brakes on bad breath.
I actually do this occasionally.
When I made yesterday’s personal goal I had forgotten that my lunch would be consisting of a field trip. I am the resident ancient hipster on my floor, so when the party committee was curious about hiring the services of a food truck to cater our next field day they naturally came to me.
Three of us went to Food Movement, who own two trucks an manage another ten. We were shown around the facility and then server lunch (Caesar’s salad and a turkey panini, both of which were quite good). In a “It’s a Small World” turn of events it turned out that the owner of Food Movement also used to own the mobile paper-shredding company that my company employed — until he sold the business for a handsome profit. I actually learned a ton of information about the food truck industry during lunch.
If you happen to be going downtown to the Final Four festivities you will undoubtedly see the food trucks owned/managed by Food Movement down there too.
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing again. I should have taken a photo of the food that was served to us yesterday.
Taco Mac. Again?
After work I joined a couple of coworkers at Taco Mac. None of us wanted to deal with traffic and even though it was “Pint Night” we went over there for beverages and food.
To my surprise an old friend Harold (aka BWanA) was also at Taco Mac and he stopped by the table to say hello. Note to self: If all else fails this weekend, this Sunday is a a Black Sheep Hash weekend.
Whilst the MLBers are now in their regular season I plan to (re)start my Spring Training by doing the Stanford iOS course (which actually wound up a month ago). For the next three-four weeks I will be immersing myself in iOS development — have to have the skills if you want the paycheck, you know…
A Lovely Weekend Ahead
Disregarding the inevitable traffic snarls that will plague this city this weekend (NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four, Braves, Ira Glass :)) I think it’s going to be a great weekend. Tomorrow night I will be attending Ira Glass’ performance/lecture accompanied by ITP-Reader Jenka and on Sunday I might be going to Black Sheep or getting my camera gear ready to photography ITP-Readers Steve’s, Debbie’s, and Barb’s (and not ITP-Reader Allan’s) dinner in EAV — assuming they don’t give me the slip by not eating at East Atlanta Thai & Sushi.
If you are not riding/camping out in Madison this weekend, what’s on your agenda?
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – good, even though work is not going well at the moment
Current Music – silence currently
Website Of The Day – I recently found out about Issuu (read “Issue”) which is a site that lets you read the publications they offer. I was alerted to the site by the Atlanta INtown paper, and have subsequently found out that they also offer Gator Country Monthly (go ahead haters, leave a comment!).
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – weigh in again today
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 3 (1 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 8
Carnivorous Meals – 4
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– not get sick
– lose two pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 50 miles
– lift weights at the gym no fewer than eight times
– finish at least two of the books I am reading
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
– prepare a house repair plan and budget
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
– return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg