Because I needed to swing by my tax preparer’s office near Decatur this morning I decided to try a different routine. Today I drove over to the LA Fitness in midtown and did my hour of treadmill (Galloway Method) there. For the record, I can’t imagine anyone running outside with this pollen; the air was literally grossly yellow/green with the stuff as I drove in to work.
This year’s taxes provided an unusually “good” result; yes I know getting money back from taxes is giving the Government an interest-free loan. This comes at an especially good time as I continue to look into the cost of repairing the ITP Estate.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Stand with your fingers on the back of your head, lower your upper body into a squat, and jump.
This challenge calls on the power of your quads (the large muscles on the front of your thighs) and your calves to propel you upward as you jump. The short, quick jumps also get your heart pumping and inject a bit of energy into your day.
Taking The Long Way Around
After consulting Google Maps I decided to head out of work “early” (read “5:10pm”)so that I could make it downtown comfortably for my theatre outing. This is not to say that I didn’t experience heavy traffic on my circuitous route around 285 to 20, but I was able to make it downtown in time to eat dinner at the Landmark(?) diner near Theatrical Outfit and then go see “The Fabulous Lipitones.”
“The Fabulous Lipitones” was fabulously funny and entertaining, this coming from someone who really doesn’t care much for Barbershop Quartet singing. I’ll implore you to go see it, but hurry because its run ends at the end of next week.
My waistline is skeptical of my brain’s love for this as “breakfast.”
Hey Nerd, How’s The Art?
Tonight I plan to attend a Tweetup (oh, I remember the ones Maigh used to organize, including the one at The Original El Taco where I think I blew it with two women in whom I had interest dating…) at the High Museum of Art. I believe that some of my tweeting coworkers will be joining me so that I don’t look and feel like a complete loser; nope I just found out that they are bailing on me. I hope to see some of the Freida & Diego exhibit followed by a beer and dinner.
Today’s Personal Project
Pay for my tax preparation; be productive at work; get down to midtown for the tweetup.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – pollenated
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – many of you probably already know about The Cycling Daily.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – sadly, 212.6 pounds
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 4 (2 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 18
Carnivorous Meals – 12
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– not get sick
– lose two pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 50 miles
– lift weights at the gym no fewer than eight times
– finish at least two of the books I am reading
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
– prepare a house repair plan and budget
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
– return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg