Have you ever wondered “I bet it would be fun to hang out with Paulie doing laundry.”? If so, you are either extremely bored, my soulmate (guys not eligible), or both.
Get ready soulmate, we are about to do some laundry together this Wednesday morning.
Today’s Daily Challenge
No challenge today because the website forces me to sign in when using the iPad and we don’t have time for that nonsense today.
We’re Here Early
I know, I rushed us out of the house only to find that the lavanderia doesn’t open until 8am. It’s kinda like being on The Amazing Race without all of that “fear of heights” stuff. Look on the bright side, we did get to stop at the ultra-busy QT and get gas for the Jackmobile, and coffee and pastries for us.
Ooh look, it appears that someone ran off the road, hopped onto the sidewalk, clobbered a telephone pole, and destroyed that metal handrail. The wreck has strewn debris all over this section of the parking lot. I hope that the Jackmobile’s tires will be okay.
Huh? Yeah, I hope that no one was hurt in the wreck as well.
Oh Look, It’s Opening
One thing I like about this lavanderia is that the proprietor is prompt.
I’ll get the laundry and detergent, please bring in the bucket of quarters.
C’mon, let’s go!!! 😀
We’re first! I know, there is no prize for this but at least we’ll have our pick of the machines.
Ugh, “Good Morning America” is on one of the tvs. I can nearly feel my IQ lower every time I am subjected to this “news/entertainment.” I wish being first meant that we could dictate what is on the televisions. And, even though I can’t understand what they are saying I would leave that tv tuned to Univision so that any of the neighborhood folk who come in to do laundry and like watching that channel can enjoy themselves.
HAHAHA! I couldn’t decide whether I was in Sandy Springs or Dunwoody when I took this shot. When I placed it onto my Flickr Map they assigned the location as “Dunwoody Springs” so I guess they don’t know either.
Fool Me Once…
Remember, the workout clothes go into their own machine, choose a cold cycle, add no fabric softener, and please keep that one white technical shirt out in case those darn orange-red hand towels run again.
Okay, we now have thirty minutes to talk. What’s new?
For me? Well, the reason we are doing laundry today is because I couldn’t resist the lure of going to Taco Mac with coworkers last night. I was decent on the food front, but drank more beer than I really should these days. Oh, I made sure to stay well below the legal limit — I’m not married to Reese Witherspoon or anything…
Wha? Oh, yeah I think Reese Witherspoon is pretty but I am more of a Gwyenth Paltrow fan.
The Clothes In The Dryer Go Round And Round
Washers have finished their cycle, let’s get a cart and transition the damp clothes to the dryers.
Did you know that each of these carts has the date it was manufactured stamped on it somewhere? Yeah, I know that a weird thing to notice, but I notice a lot of details a lot of people ignore.
Looks like we are going to use the last three dryer sheets. Please remind me to add “dryer sheets” to my shopping list.
We’re almost half-way done now. Just think, when the clothes come out of the dryers you will get to see me perform some masterful folding of shirts. Because of the precise way I fold my shirts I was once asked if I had worked in a clothing store. True story.
Hmm, looks like someone has just come in and asked the proprietor for money. Looks like the proprietor is telling him to leave the establishment. I bet you that the lavanderia industry is a tough one.
And now a young lady who looks a little like Alicia Keys just opened the door, is stinking up the lavanderia with her cigarette smoke, and is asking me for $2 for coffee. WTF? Can’t she see that we are just trying to have a nice conversation as we do laundry?
That Was Fun. Can We Do This Again Some Time?
No, I understand.
Really, it’s okay.
Yeah, I guess we can still be friends…
Today’s Personal Project
Pay all of my bills. Work, work, work.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – none, normally I would be listening to podcasts but since you are here I thought that would be rude
Website Of The Day – Yesterday I saw a link from the furniture company Vitsoe regarding Dieter Rams’ “Ten Commandments of Design”; I believe Vitsoe employs Rams. Not familiar with Dieter Rams? Rams was a long-time designer for Braun and a rock star in the design world inspiring people like Apple’s Jony Ive. I have long respected both men’s work.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – weight lifting
Morning Weigh-In – checking again on Friday
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 11 (5 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 34
Carnivorous Meals – 35
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– not get sick
– lose two pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 50 miles
– lift weights at the gym no fewer than eight times
– finish at least two of the books I am reading
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
– drink a lot less alcohol
– prepare a house repair plan and budget
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
– return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg