I’ve always wanted to utter the phrase “For the Record…” Let me expound on that, I’ve always wanted to utter the phrase “For the Record…” regarding a record (aka “LP”) that I was recording. Related: I nearly wrote the lyrics to a song while driving last night.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Put a hand under your elbow and lift it across your chest, hold for fifteen seconds, then switch sides.
Do you feel the stretch in the back of each shoulder when you do this challenge? Sitting or standing for long periods of time can lead to soreness and pain in the upper body, and this challenge helps to gently stretch the muscles and ease pain.
Stretching is good.
I should do much more of it.
Another Delivery Day In The Books
I’ve pushed another revision of my code-in-progess out the door. This was another internal release so this means nothing to any of you (unless of course you are a developer in Bangalore reading this). To reward myself I left the office after only working eight hours and made it to my haircut appointment early.
Crazy Is As Crazy Does
On my drive from the Perimeter Mall area to Virginia Highland to get a haircut I saw a shirtless man looking around the curb of a street. I suppose that I should also mention that this man was wearing cardboard boxes for shoes.
While sitting on a park bench playing with my iPhone a older white man carrying a shopping bag stopped and asked me what I was using. Upon hearing it was an iPhone he said “You should have one of these.” and started to reach into his shirt pocket; I shit you not, I thought that I was about to be held up. The man pulled out an Android phone and began to lecture me on how much better Android is over iOS.
I recounted that story to the woman who cuts my hair and she returned with a story about the same man which ended up with him scrawling “you suck” in the pollen collected on the salon’s window.
I’m not even 1/10th as destitute nor crazy as either of these two men and yet I still can’t convince the women in whom I have interest that I am worthy dating material. Unbelievable.
No Gunshow, Yes SoBa
As I mentioned yesterday I had dinner with ITP-Reader Betsy. Let the record show that while I certainly like interacting with everyone here in this virtual space, I also really enjoy “in real life” meetups too.
Since my attempt to make a reservation at Gunshow flopped, I met up with Betsy at East Atlanta’s SoBa, a common dining destination when she and I eat together. Betsy and I sat at the bar, as we do, and had a good time catching up over some adult beverages and Asianesque (yeah, I know that’s not a real word) food. For the record I once again failed in my attempt to abstain from alcohol.
ITP Flickr Pic
The well is completely dry again. I look to resurrect my photography interest this weekend.
Returning To Returning To Get Into Shape
I’m feeling flabbier than I have in some time. Why? Because I haven’t worked out in weeks (thanks for nothing, foot) but have retained the drinking and eating habits I had while I was. Clearly this is a recipe for weight gain.
I have plans to be out of town this weekend (I’ll be skipping out of work early tomorrow) so I am vowing to returning to daily workouts (I think that I’ll avoid running for awhile) again starting Monday (which, is somehow already Memorial Day; where does the time go?).
And It Will Happen Again Tonight
I already know that there is at least one beer in my future tonight. Tonight I will be joining some coworkers on a trip to Decatur to celebrate a birthday. Why Decatur? Because one of our Drinking Club is on jury duty selection today.
Today’s Personal Project
Limit my alcohol and food intake.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – uncomfortably fat
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – You’ve already missed the first thirteen years of the Longplayer composition. However, you are in luck because there are still 987 years left! Don’t believe me? Follow that link.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking tomorrow, not going to like what I see
Foot Mileage – ~3.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 28
Carnivorous Meals – 31
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- lose three pounds
- exercise at least twenty-five of May’s thirty-one days
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg