In a word — “OUCH!” The pain from the ice is almost worse than the pain it is trying to cure. My recovery has been slow at best. I return to the podiatrist tomorrow morning for a follow-up visit.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Give yourself a scalp massage.
The human head is a very sensitive place! Your scalp is covered in nerve endings that make it very responsive to touch, so a nice massage can provide stress relief and a moment of relaxation. Scalp massage is also good for relieving a tension headache.
Out On A Limb
More accurately, up on a roof.
As I tried to be lazy on Saturday afternoon by doing nothing more than watching old episodes of Arrested Development on Netflix I kept hearing animal activity up on the roof (seriously, it must be too hot for animals to be in the attic now…
I went outside and no fewer than three squirrels abandoned my rooftop.
I went back inside.
I heard the noises again.
I became furious and no sooner than you could say “Fuck you, you fucking fucks!” I was on my roof with a pole saw cutting down any limbs that came near my roof.
The process was hot (and have I ever mentioned my fear of heights?) but my ire was up and I was determined to remove my house as a convenient cut-through for the squirrels who migrate from tree to tree. (side note: this tree pruning/cutting activity was the first of many that will occur over the next six months as I plan to make it much harder for the squirrels to get to my attic next winter.)
Over the course of maybe two hours I sawed down about ten limbs and cut them into bite-sized chunks that the City will haul off from my curbside.
ITP Flickr Pic
I have nothing…
Did You Feel It?
Yesterday was a strange day — I took home leftovers from a restaurant! Mind you, it’s not that I limited my intake, it’s more that I had eaten more than a sufficient quantity and literally could not stomach the rest.
At which establishment did this occur? Fox Brothers BBQ. I met a coworker and his friend at Fox Bros for dinner and even though I starved myself by eating nothing more than some almond butter and coffee for brunch I wound up taking home some ribs.
I don’t know who I am any more!
It’s WWDC Day!
Coding, coding, coding, keeping Paulie coding, RAW HIDE! I spent many hours this week performing self-training. I’ve still so much to learn…
You know that I am a nerd, right?
You know that I am an Apple fanboy, right?
How I wish that I were in San Francisco today for the start of this year’s Apple World Wide Developer Conference.
But I’m not, I’m inside the perimeter (or at least currently close enough on the outside to see the perimeter). Oh well, I’ll try to make the best with what I have.
Today’s Personal Project
Make an appointment to bring the Jackmobile in to Peach Auto for routine service. I’ll be taking a long car trip in a few weeks and need the Jackmobile to be in tip-top shape.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay
Current Music – silence, though I need to start listening to some of the new and upcoming releases that I’ve been given access to by PR firms. Yippee!
Website Of The Day – I follow Chow Down Atlanta on Twitter and am often jealous of the places she eats.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – not checking
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 9
Carnivorous Meals – 14
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– get my foot to stop hurting
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams