I’ve been to the podiatrist already this morning and he is more pleased with my progress than I am. He’s suggested wearing the cast through the weekend and followup once more next week — unless I have no pain by Monday, in which case I can cancel. You know, with insurance I almost forget that I pay something each time I see him.
After my appointment I hobbled into Target where I purchased a new pair of “fat man” jeans and a “skinny” vanilla latte from the Starbucks location inside.
Tomorrow’s Daily Challenge
I like tomorrow’s challenge more than today’s.
Be a tourist in your own town: Go for a walk and take three photos with your camera or mobile phone.
Walking is one of the simplest forms of exercise, but it can bring great health benefits. Making time for a daily walk can help lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and increase bone strength. Mixing up your walking routine by snapping some photos will help to keep you interested and engaged in the activity, and might even encourage you to walk further.
Even though there will be no “going for a walk” for me this weekend.
I Should Have Gone To The Game Last Night
For multitudes of reasons I decided to pass on heading down to Turner Field last night for the Mets v. Braves game. In part I didn’t want to hobble around in this cast, and in part I had already spent enough money for one day by investing in my future by purchasing a new iPod Touch for development. Of the iOS devices in my possession only one — my iPhone 5 — can run the iOS 7 Beta, and I’m not confident enough in this beta software to install it on my daily-use phone.
I did break my vow to not go out for dinner last night however. I joined my coworkers for a night of debauchery at Twisted Taco. It’s funny how different my definition of “debauchery” is than it was just a few years ago.
Doc Out Of Business
As I drove from Target to the office I saw that Doc Green’s Gourmet Salad & Grill has closed another location — this one in Perimeter Place. I’m not too surprised as I had never eaten there in the five or so years that it was open — and if you’ve paid attention to this blog at all you know that I eat out a lot.
The only thing that did surprise me about this is that a lot of people in this area pretend to be healthy, so I would have thought they’d flock to Doc Green’s.
Packing It All Into One Day
With the unfortunate postponement of Summer Slacker Series #1 my weekend has been condensed into one day of activity on Sunday. On Sunday I will:
- Do laundry that morning
- Attend a picnic that afternoon
- See the Mikal Cronin concert at The EARL that night
- Hopefully not get mugged at any time
Now that Saturday has opened up I may seek out something fun to do, or I might just be a lazy bum…
This Weekend’s Personal Projects
Today: Review my “Big Three”; take the Jackmobile for its emissions test at lunch.
Tonight: Book a hotel room; call my mother.
This Weekend: Install iOS 7 Beta on the iPod Touch I bought for development.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood –
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – Comedian John Hodgman released a new Netflix-only special yesterday called Ragnorak. I plan to watch it tonight.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking today
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 1 (1 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 22
Carnivorous Meals – 28
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– get my foot to stop hurting
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman