Though it’s Friday, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my next king, and I have plans for attending tonight’s Lyle Lovett show at Atlanta Botanical Garden, I am feeling blah, or “meh” in today-speak. I’m trying hard to kick it.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Eat one plant-based protein, such as black beans, whole grain bread, quinoa, oatmeal, or almonds.
Although many of us may think of protein as a nutrient that comes from meat or eggs, a lot of plant-based foods pack a protein punch! Not only that, plant-based protein doesn’t contain the unhealthy saturated fat that meat can. Better still, foods like beans, lentils, and whole grains are full of fiber.
An eating challenge? I’m always capable of doing these!
Awaiting Delivery Of My George Alexander Louis
Well, I pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered myself a new 13″ MacBook Air, fully tricked out of course. It’s not that the laptop on which I am typing this blog post is unusable, but I have known for a year that its upgradability has been stunted by Apple, for instance it will not be able to run Xcode 5 the compiler needed to deliver iOS 7 apps, and it’s up to me to keep up with the technology — it’s what I do.
I will keep this functioning 2009 MacBook but the one which has the non-functioning battery is no longer of use to me. If Apple offered to provide a 10% discount with the purchase of a new computer by recycling an old one, the way they do with iPods, I would have sacrificed it in that manner, but alas they do not. So, are you interested in a 2009 13″ white MacBook that can run OS X 10.6 (Lion) and needs a new battery (btw- this was the last model sold by Apple that had a user-replaceable battery)? Holler at me if this interests you.
ITP Flickr Pic
This is the t-shirt that I am wearing today. It is a blatant advertisement for one of my favorite podcasts and may be the key to someone getting a free Lyle Lovett ticket tonight.
This photo would have made the perfect bookend had I gone through with my original concept of posting a photo of my forty-eight-year-old naked torso on Monday. See, I do edit my thoughts occasionally. 😉
Well It’s Happened Again
Guess who bought two tickets to an event and couldn’t get a date. Not hard to figure this one out, eh?
I’m flying solo for tonight’s Lyle Lovett concert. I’m considering posting that photo shown above later today on Twitter and offering the first of my followers the ticket for free if they see me outside the botanical garden.
In the future I have reserved two spots for a fried chicken dinner at Buttermilk Kitchen (August 8th) and two tickets for both Neutral Milk Hotel shows and the Neko Case show later this year. I think one of 2014’s Goals will be to stop buy tickets for a non-existent girlfriend.
No Plans On The Weekend Horizon
With the exception of tonight’s Lyle Lovett concert my weekend is wide open. I’d love to say that my foot is ready to mount the BlackJack for a ride, but I can’t yet (I’m getting close). Weather permitting I should run the lawnmower over the weeds that I call a lawn (wearing a long-sleeved shirt this time to avoid getting more poison ivy/oak since I will be OTP next weekend.
I will spend some time this weekend reading and practicing some iOS development (and hoping that Apple finally fixes their Developers Portal which has been offline for over a week now).
I think that I might attempt this crazy thing you kids call “cooking.”
And perhaps I’ll also tackle paring down the amount of shit that I own as I’ve not been doing a stellar job of that recently.
Today’s Personal Project
Get out of work early enough to avoid the inevitable traffic that will flood midtown tonight.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – listening to Six Organs of Admittance’s album “Shelter from the Ash” because it has the right downbeat tempo for today’s meh mood
Website Of The Day – If nothing like Kick It To The Curb exists in Atlanta, perhaps it should.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – check again tomorrow when I return to LA Fitness for the first time in a week.
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 6 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 3
Vegetarian Meals – 22
Carnivorous Meals – 42
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– get my foot to stop hurting
– return ITP-Reader Martha’s coffee percolator to her
- return ITP-Terri’s crutches to her
- not get sick
- finish at least two of the books I am reading
- take at least one box of things to Goodwill
- post at least ten photos in the blog
- drink a lot less alcohol
- prepare a house repair plan and budget
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love — by Cal Newport