Work blocking blogging again…
Today’s Daily Challenge
Think about the last time you felt upset, and try to recall if you were hungry, tired, or both.
Although we human beings have achieved some great things, there’s no getting around the fact that we’re still animals – and all animals have a need for adequate rest and nourishment! By thinking about how your mood might have been affected by lack of food or sleep, it may help you respond differently to a future situation. For example, you might remind yourself that a problem may not loom as large after a good night’s sleep, or that a conversation may go better after you’ve had something to eat.
Nope, just thinking about the state of my life.
Mondane Monday On Tuesday
Because I didn’t get laundry done on Monday night it was last night’s highest priority task. I left work around 5:15pm only to get lodged into Atlanta’s pathetic traffic for another night. By the time I arrived at QT in Chamblee the Jackmobile wasn’t quite running on fumes but was getting dangerously close.
On benefit of joining the Tuesday Night Laundry Club was that the place was virtually empty and I was able to get my loads done promptly.
ITP Flickr Pic
nothing again today…
Today’s Personal Project
Get out of work early enough so that I don’t get completely stuck in traffic on my drive overt to Marietta tonight.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair, trying to get my life better
Current Music – listening to last week’s “The Big Show” (tech) podcast
Website Of The Day – Bored Panda — another site suggested by ITP-Reader Stacy.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – I think if I am to check any time soon I will get severely depressed
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – ?
Carnivorous Meals – ?
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– still TBD
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love — by Cal Newport
- Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life — by Steve Martin
- Who Am I: A Memoir — by Pete Townshend