I feel as if I’ve been cheated this year.
Get ready to put away those white shoes.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Do side-to-side lunges for a count of ten.
This exercise brings a good stretch to the lower back. It’s a sensitive area for many, prone to muscle aches and pains. But muscles that are flexible are less likely to become injured during everyday activities such as lifting, bending, and twisting. Bonus: The quick motions will get your heart rate up and bring a quick bit of energy to your day.
Oh stretching, I should do you more often…
Hello Taco Mac, It’s Been A While
Last night I joined my usual crowd for a little Taco Mac to celebrate the return of college football. I have no great hopes that my beloved Florida Gators will be anything better than mediocre, but this is the time of college football season where all fans can dream.
ITP Flickr Pic
If the weather holds up tomorrow morning I shall be headed downtown, camera in tow, to shoot at the DragonCon parade.
Drop Off Complete
The other night ITP-Reader Barb chastised me for not taking things to Goodwill. “It’s right next to the REI near your office!” I know, it’s just a royal pain in the ass to drive to from my office.
Since I arrived at Goodwill before they opened this morning I decided to just drop the box of items I’ve collected recently at their front door. I feel as if I’ve already accomplished something valuable today.
Laying Low Tonight
I slept late this morning so I will most likely work later than I normally would in an effort to miss the inevitably shitty traffic that will occur with everyone trying to escape town or head to the Braves game.
Speaking of the Braves, my beloved NY Mets will be in town Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week. If the weather is nice on Monday afternoon I may head over to Turner Field for the game. I had also planned to fulfill one of my “Bucket List” items by sneaking out of work on Wednesday to attend the Wednesday afternoon “getaway game.” However, I was quickly reminded that I have committed to go out to Gwinnett on Wednesday night for the Muse concert at Gwinnett Arena.
In addition to everything else I think that I will try to listen to two entire audio books this weekend.
What’s on your Labor Day agenda?
Today’s Personal Project
Relax, regroup, prioritize. Get ready for some lifestyle adjustments that will begin for me on Sunday.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – baffled at my swift decline
Current Music – listening to a Gorgol Bordello podcast put out by KEXP
Website Of The Day – I am not a DragonCon type, but I do wish to partake in some of the activities once in my life. Unfortunately the weather looks like it will put the kibosh on my visit to the Starlight Six Drive-In for Drive for my first Drive Invasion.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – I think if I am to check any time soon I will get severely depressed
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – ?
Carnivorous Meals – ?
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– still TBD
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love — by Cal Newport
- Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life — by Steve Martin
- Who Am I: A Memoir — by Pete Townshend