You may think that I am in line for a new iPhone. Oh, it seems like the glory days of 2010 when I stood in line to try and get my iPhone 4. No, while I like the updates made for iPhone 5s this is a “off cycle” year for me. Unless something catastrophic happens between now and then I’ll be purchasing iPhone 6 upon its release.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Sit and bring your right knee to your chest, pull it closer to you, and hold for a count of twenty.
Do you feel the stretch in your lower back and upper buttocks as you count to 20 on each side? Lower back muscles are apt to become tight when we sit at a desk or in a chair for a prolonged period of time. Giving them a short stretch can help to keep them loose, which aids in increasing flexibility and preventing injury.
But what about the left knee? Oh wait, I read the detailed description and it says “Switch sides and repeat with your left knee.”
ITP Flickr Pic
Unfortunately the weather forecast for tomorrow is fairly bleak. Regardless I am sure that I will find myself strutting around East Atlanta for a while for East Atlanta Strut.
Tomorrow night will find my at Variety Playhouse in Little 5 Points for the Okkervil River show.
Well Hell’s Bells
Work is blowing up, I’m off to put out metaphorical fires…
Today’s Personal Project
Finish that important document.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair, though disappointed that I didn’t get out of bed and exercise this morning
Current Music – listening to the HÃ¼sker DÃ¼ iTunes Radio channel I created yesterday
Website Of The Day – As I do every year on the day before, I’m here to pimp East Atlanta Strut.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – I check again some day. For today I’ll just call myself morbidly obese
Foot Mileage – ~22.9 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 23
Carnivorous Meals – 24
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– exercise no fewer than twenty days (and I’m starting on Day 3 so I have my work cut out for me)
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to replace my malfunctioning faucets
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love — by Cal Newport
- Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life — by Steve Martin
- Who Am I: A Memoir — by Pete Townshend
Whew, work issue turned out to be a false alarm! 😀
But now I realize that I don’t have anything else to say.
I always like false alarms… wakes everybody up!
Some weeks ago, I snapped a bolt off the catcher on the mower (you don’t cut the grass in EP without one) and have tried various ways of getting it out, all for naught. Wednesday, before the official walking at Georges’, I walked up to the hardware store where I acquired a set of removers. These things work in your drill- running in reverse. One part drills in and the other part grabs hold and twists it out- LIKE A CHARM!! Slick. My catcher is now secure and I can mow EP without having the catcher fall off.
This weekend, carpet cleaning is in our future. I think there may be harwoods in our future, but at the moment, the carpet has got to improve. If those darn dogs could grow thumbs so they could let themselves out, it would be an improvement.
Anyone hear how Robin Red Breasts’ dog is doing? That’s my fear of letting the dogs into the mancave unsupervised- finding something they shouldn’t. Antifreeze being just one thing…
Whoa I had not heard about Robin’s dog. And isn’t Robin away (Alaska)? Suppose I could return to FB…. Naaaah!
I need to do a Home Depot trip this weekend. I also need to start referencing Angie’s List looking for help. Ah homeownership.
Robin is back and apparently the dog got into some antifreeze… they were keeping him (?) overnight and doing bloodwork, after getting it out of his system.
I haven’t heard anything about Lucy, so I’m guessing all is ok.
She hasn’t updated since last night as fara s I can tell.
Carpet cleaning……. not my idea of a good time, but not a bad idea for a rainy weekend. Allan has decided he is going to tile the basement, we are makng the smaller room into a guest room.
I really wanted to go for a bike ride tomorrow, the weather forecast isn’t looking very promising.
hey Paulie – ever been to the Hudson Grille in Sandy Springs? Looks to be pretty close to Johnson Ferry on Roswell Rd. Meeting some people there tonight for dinner (& drinks) for Gloria’s last weekend of being 49 at 6:30 if you are stuck OTP after work.
There’s a Hudson Grill down here…. kind of a fancy Taco Mac, if such a thing exists.
I just looked at the menu – you are right Steve – basic sports bar Taco Mac type of food.
Spot on. I was going to say that I have been to a Hudson Grille, but not that Hudson Grille.
It isn’t really going to start raining until late morning/early afternoon. Plenty of time to get a ride in (I hope)! However, it looks like Strut might be a wash out.
So glad it’s Friday…what a day (what a week). Was just made aware that a ‘request’ has been made for me to attend a two day meeting starting on Monday…Really?? When I said, I would try but it was short notice, and it would be difficult to get away for two entire days…I was informed I should have known about the meeting well in advance. Well sure, I knew about the meeting but I had no idea anyone wanted me to attend (since it has nothing to do with me or any of my projects). Ugh… Jenka, I’ll be at Clifton Road both days 🙂
Martha: sweet! If you can get out for lunch, I’ll meet you at one of the restaurants at Emory Point. It’s right across the street from you and right next to my office building.
Paulie and Martha: I’m going to the Strut, unless it’s really pouring. But maybe still then. Text me if you go!