I don’t know if these temperatures can be classified as “unseasonable” but it’s been a bit chilly inside the ITP Estate recently. I’ll wait for a prolonged cold snap before succumbing to turning on the heat.
Today’s Daily Challenge
List the top three benefits you get from eating healthy foods.
Making healthy choices every day requires some motivation, and what better way to stay motivated than to think about how you benefit from good-for-you foods? By listing them and keeping them at hand, you can remind yourself of all of the reasons to reach for that nutrient-rich snack or take time to make that healthful meal.
What is this “healthy” food to which they refer?
Taketh Away, And Getteth
I know, “getteth” is not a word.
As I walked out of the office building last night headed over to Outback with a coworker to get dinner and a few beers I knew that I was probably not going to make it to the Neko Case concert (Jenka, how was it? LOL!). At that time I received a text message from a friend of the ITP Community (ITP-Reader Randy’s brother Kevin) informing me that he had an extra ticket for a show tonight at Terminal West (I’ll have to look up the band, I’d never heard of them before). So while I missed out on music last night, I’ll be getting some unexpected music tonight.
ITP Flickr Pic
I need to spend time at home working on photos. Perhaps this weekend.
Cheap Black Belt
I need to get myself into a decent department store to buy a nice black leather belt (one large enough to go around my expansive waist). The belt I am wearing today is embarrassingly cheap and the last black belt I used to wear frequently came apart.
If only I worked next to one of Atlanta’s major shopping malls. I can’t go there, I might exit with a new MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, or pre-order a new iPad (Air or Mini). Willpower is definitely not my superpower.
Neutral Milk Hotel Weekend
On both Saturday and Sunday nights I’ll be seeing Neutral Milk Hotel perform. To say that I am stoked is an understatement. While I was certainly old enough and in the area to take in their performances back in the mid-1990s at that time I didn’t realize on what I was missing.
Oh and I’ll probably be doing yard work, which is not nearly as exciting.
Today’s Personal Project
Not get too aggravated at the people clogging Atlanta’s roads.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, though I a need some coffee STAT
Current Music – Neutral Milk Hotel
Website Of The Day – Neutral Milk Hotel was but one of the great bands that were part of Elephant 6 back in the day.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 213 pounds (October 21)
Foot Mileage – ~10.1 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 33
Carnivorous Meals – 28
Marta Rides To Work – 5
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to replace my malfunctioning faucets
– submit to important documents, neither of which I can talk about at this time
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love — by Cal Newport
- Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life — by Steve Martin
- Who Am I: A Memoir — by Pete Townshend
- Still Foolin’ ‘Em: Where I’ve Been, Where I’m Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys? — by Billy Crystal
- Unstuff Your Life!: Kick the Clutter Habit and Completely Organize Your Life for Good — Andrew J. Mellen