Sitting at the office and wandering at 5:00pm traffic I made a series quick, and potentially questionable decisions.
The one good decision I made was to do all of the following on foot.
I walked to Goodwill to find an ugly Christmas sweater. Nope.
I stopped into The Vitamin Shoppe to find the fish oil recommended by my optometrist. Nope.
I walked to Target to find an ugly Christmas sweater / shirt. Nope.
I stopped into Ross to find an ugly Christmas sweater. Nope.
I walked to Taco Mac to drink a beer and eat dinner to wait out traffic. Yep.
I then walked back to my car and drove home.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Lie on your back with your knees bent, roll your knees to one side, hold for five seconds; switch.
The lower back is a common place for aches and pains, especially for people who spend a portion of their day sitting in a chair. This challenge provides a gentle stretch to the muscles and can ease tension.
Sidetracked Last Night
I had a lot of (personal) work to do last night. Unfortunately most of that got sidetracked by computer maintenance (software updates) and backups.
Sidetracked This Morning
I just got sidetracked for a good thirty minutes, so now it’s time for me to go. I’ll be back tomorrow, blogging from home as the painters get underway.
Today’s Personal Project
Not get sidetracked again.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – I have nothing today, and it’s already late…
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 213 pounds (December 15)
Foot Mileage – ~0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 18.5
Carnivorous Meals – 26.5
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber, and a painter to work on the ITP Estate
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC?
– follow up on some critical life details
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013
- Pages 1.7 for iPad (Timestompers Guide) — by Sean Wells
- 60 Mountain Lion Tips — by David Sparks and Brett Terpstra
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business — by Charles Duhigg
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy — by Douglas Adams
- Amazing Things Will Happen: A Real-World Guide on Achieving Success and Happiness — by CC Chapman
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love — by Cal Newport
- Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life — by Steve Martin
- Who Am I: A Memoir — by Pete Townshend
- Still Foolin’ ‘Em: Where I’ve Been, Where I’m Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys? — by Billy Crystal
- Unstuff Your Life!: Kick the Clutter Habit and Completely Organize Your Life for Good — Andrew J. Mellen