And with last night’s victory by FSU (conveniently I did not watch the game) Hell has officially frozen over again.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Inhale, lift your arms, place your palms together over your head, and look up at your thumbs.
This yoga-inspired challenge helps to provide a gentle stretch through your whole body, and the deep, coordinated breathing can help to quiet your mind. Yoga has been shown to reduce stress and lessen feelings of anxiety.
More Like A Lavanderfreezia
Last night I left the office and headed straight to Chamblee to do laundry. I was secretly hoping that the place would be packed with amigos all with their clothes in the dryers upon my arrival, but it was not. At one point I was so cold inside the lavanderia that I literally stood against my dryers for warmth; that worked very nicely I might add.
When I was done I quickly loaded up the Jackmobile and headed home where I spent the rest of the evenly snuggling under massive amounts of warming blankets and a comforter, watching video on my iPad until I fell asleep. Until…
Seriously? iPad To The Rescue!
At one point in the evening, I believe it was a little past midnight, I awoke (with the room light on, because I can fall asleep in any scenario) to find a small (and I believe somewhat harmless) spider walking across my sheets. When I opened my eyes the spider was about a foot away and headed straight for my face! I calmly picked up the iPad and used it to kill the spider.
What the fuck is up with my house? I have seen more spiders (not to mention the two cockroaches I saw in my kitchen within fifteen minutes last week) in that house than anywhere I have ever seen before. And I swear the goddamn place is clean because I am a border-line neat freak!
I will not stand for such infestation. While it rains this weekend I will be cleaning the bejeezus out of my bedroom, spraying all of the nooks and crannies with bug spray.
Speaking of this weekend, I’m still thinking Gladiators hockey on Saturday night if there are interested parties.
ITP Flickr Pic
“Man In The Box”
The other day I turned the (iPhone) camera on myself, took a photo, and then edited it using an app called Snapseed (now a Google Joint). In Snapseed I cropped waaaaay in, turned the image to black and white, and mucked around with the sharpness.
To me the photo provides a large amount of tension and turned out much like a Chuck Close painting. Because of this you may find it odd that:
1) I like the photo even though I don’t look especially handsome (as if I ever do).
2) I published this for all the world to see.
What Is A Clif Bar But A Breakfast Candy Bar?
And shame on me for eating one this morning.
You may be asking yourself, “Paulie, how do you do it and how can I join your fun?” Well, if you are a single woman the answer is easy; guys, you are shit out of luck.
Seriously, I’m not exactly sure how I’ve wound up on some of these email lists. (Note: I am in no way
ensuing insinuate that being invited to a public party for a brewery launch is an “elite event” but without receiving the invitation email I am not sure I would have known about it.)
I’ll give the blow by blow account of my (hopefully) fun time tomorrow.
Today’s Personal Project
Attempt to stay warm, attempt to get exercise, overall start to improve my lifestyle and myself.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – Every year Duke Law publishes a list of things that would have entered the Public Domain at the start of the year. Thanks to lobbyists and the politicians who feed off their greed, very little has entered the Public Domain in my lifetime.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Oops, I failed to check. Let’s say 215 pounds.
Foot Mileage – ~0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013