I should’ve known that sleeping in was a bad idea. No, I knew that, but did so anyway. This morning Atlanta drivers reconfirmed that it doesn’t take ice and snow to make traffic a hassle.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Dance while you clean or tidy.
Getting fitness into your daily routine can help you burn energy and lower your risk factors for certain illnesses such as heart disease and stroke. And all that shimmying can boost your mood, too, by releasing endorphins (feel-good hormones). Finally, don’t forget the perk of a tidier home when you’re done!
Seems like a sure-fire way to do a half-ass job of cleaning to me.
OMG, Amanda Knox Got A Haircut!
Oh, she’s also been found guilty of murder again in Italy.
While doing laundry last night I Googled to find out more information about the Knox case and was saddened (amused?) to find more articles about her current hairstyle than the conviction.
“Convicted? Never Convicted.”
Last night bordered on boring, well except for reading about Amanda Knox’ new short coif of course. I ate leftovers for dinner at work, drove to the lavanderia and did my full complement of laundry, and then drove home where I put it all away and fell asleep after watching a few videos on my iPad.
Looks as if I’ve completely recovered from Snowmaggedon.
ITP Flickr Pic
On Monday? Yes.
I Woke Up Thinking It Was Saturday
Just try to imagine my sadness when I realize that I was wrong.
Need To Go To The Gym, Probably Not Going Happen
It’s Friday, which should mean that I should go to the gym because traditionally fewer people go to the gym on Friday. But instead I’ll be driving over to some place called “Mableton” (I kid, I’ve been there once before) where a hashing friend (Just Lix Dix) is having a PBR Friday get-together. Here’s the funny bit, not only do I not care to drink PBR (I will, but it’s usually no higher than “Plan D”) but I’m still abstaining from alcohol consumption due to my continued medication. I’ve had one beer since last Thursday, why is it I am not losing weight?
Happy (Chinese) New Year?
Tomorrow I’ll be going to my coworker/friend’s family grocery store called “Hoa Binh” on Buford Highway (think “Penang” or “Harmony” depending on your bent toward eating meat, or “Lam’s” if you are a Honda/former-Honda owner), for their annual Chinese New Year festivities (fireworks, dragon dancers) tomorrow around 12:30pm. Afterward a gang of us will be heading for some dim sum.
Sunday is “Super Bowl Sunday” and I’ll be having my annual party! Just kidding, that festivity is dead and buried (like my plumbing that caused me to cease having that party!). Instead I’ll be swinging up to Chamblee to my boss’ place to watch it there with a handful of others.
Today’s Personal Project
I want to do something big today — buy something, plan something, whatever.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – Okay I suppose, hoping the scabs under my left eye will finally give up. Well, maybe I want them to stay until tomorrow so I’ll have something other than weather to talk about tonight. Oooh, have you seen photos of Amanda Knox’ new haircut??? I think she looks killer. Get it? Killer! She’s a convicted murderer! Oh, I slay myself! Oh shit, I did it again!!!
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – While Atlanta looks and feels like Canada I’ve been streaming CBC Radio 3.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car, in too much traffic
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Oops, I failed to check. Let’s say 215 pounds.
Foot Mileage – ~20.3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 6 (3 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014