Two critical projects at work.
Sharpened Stone paperwork that needs to be completed, notarized, duplicated, and preferably mailed today.
I have a flight to Raleigh at 2pm.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Share one way you save time in the morning.
Starting the day in a stressed-out whirlwind is a sure way to feel frazzled when you get to work (and perhaps for a good part of the morning). Taking charge of that time gets your day off to an easier start and can help you head into your day more relaxed, happy, and in control.
I could write a whole blog about this.
– Prepare (mentally and physically) for tomorrow today
– Wake up “on time”
– Don’t distract yourself with tv, music, etc
About The New Project
I was assigned last week to start taking over development new iOS app. As I am wont to do I started rewriting it from scratch. I started on Saturday and am running into some growing pains. It’d be no big deal if not for the other project for which I am still the technical lead (and we have a near delivery) and the fact that I’ll be headed to Raleigh today.
Raleigh? Why yes. I’ll be putting on my recruiting hat at NC State again tomorrow, and then hanging out with the Raleigh Royalty until Sunday when I return ITP. Both should be a good time.
ITP Flickr Pic
“Available Light On A Non-Light Beer”
I treated myself to dinner out, alone, last night at East Atlanta’s Argosy. Along with this Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale (Nitro) I had the Tri-Tip Beef Sandwich with french fries. Both were delicious.
I Feel As If I Need To Err
I must be getting gooder at this writing thang ’cause I’ve not had a currection from ITP-Reader Jenka in a while. Was is something I wrote? I’m used to inadvertently pushing away the women in whom I have “interest” but recently I’ve seemingly found a way to do that to the ones with whom I am just friends as well.
I’ll Be Back Tomorrow Morning
I plan to knock out a post before the start of the career fair tomorrow. I’d give you more today but:
1. I don’t have much more to divulge.
2. I need to start spinning these plates to keep them from falling off their sticks (you may need to be older than forty to understand this reference).
Today’s Personal Project
Complete and mail my Sharpened Stone paperwork.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – frantic
Current Music – nothing but the sound of my keyboard as I knock this out
Website Of The Day – In case you’ve not tired of Super Bowl information here is The NFL’s “Mind-blowing stats for Super Bowl XLVIII”.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Oops, I failed to check. Let’s say 215 pounds.
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– publish an app to the iOS AppStore (new)
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
Hi to the Raleigh peeps!
Brave Combo – Wed. March 12th st Smith’s Old Bar – Allan is working, but I may go, its been a long time since I’ve heard the nuclear polka band.
I also saw March 13th they will be in Raleigh @ The Pour House Music Hall, in case Lisa & Randy want to get a babysitter.
Thanks Barb, this slipped my mind again! I purchased a ticket for the Smith’s Olde Bar show last night.
Uhhh. If it makes you feel better I’ve stopped because there are just so many little errors, and it takes so long to list them. Does that help? Here are today’s:
1. Each line in your Daily Challenge list needs a period.
2. “On time” does not need quotes. You really do want to wake up on time.
3. In the first sentence of the “About the New Project” section you’re missing “of a” between “development” and “new iOS.”
4. Need comma after end parenthesis at the end of “(and we have a near delivery)”.
5. Need comma between “Why” and “yes” on the following line.
6. In the Err section, “interest” also doesn’t need quotes. You either have interest or you don’t, if you want to indicate face interest, just say, “fake interest.”
Any idea why my JSON queries are being returned with an HTTP response code 406? This problem has been vexing me for a day now and I have no solution.
Ouch, Jenka. Go easy on the lad, lest he feel too abused.
I just put the Brave Combo show on our calendar. Do we need to remind P.E. and Saddle Sores, or is the band staying at their house? 🙂
We have finally wrapped our brains around a reality at home- the farm is too much on one modest income, so we’re going to be working towards getting it on the market. So many questions at the moment, but we’re trying to stay on the Southside, maybe we can find a barn to rent, or a small farm-ette where we can keep the herd. I have had hope that Debbie could put together enough small gigs to make up for the loss of a big gig, but that hasn’t materialized. I always have hope, but I’m also staring reality square in the face. Stay tuned.
P.E. was on the original email from Slumbag in TX (Cheese’s sister) to let us know about the Brave Combo show. I actually first saw the band in TX in the mid 90s, when I was a crazy traveling hasher.
Allan wwants to go see George Thorogood the night before 3/11, I guess we need to figure out tickets for that too.
Bummer about the house & farm Steve & Debbie.
Fear not, I have tough skin and I opened myself up for that abuse.
Best of luck with future movements S&D, I understand all you are going through.
Re: JSON, I suppose it’s a problem on the side of whatever server you’re sending the queries to. SHAZAM! I haven’t had much experience since we did XML in grad school back in the mid-aughties.
Ditto: bummer about the farm, Steve and Debbie. But on the bright side, a farm-ette (or whatever) would be a lot less work!
Indeed. I am interfacing with an interlace server which appears to have quirks. Hence it looks as if I will need to play some tricks on it in order to get my code working.
Unrelated: status = eating lunch at Sweetwater restaurant at ATL.
Wow if there were only a place were people could let everyone know what they are doing, like a status update?? um…maybe someone will get on that???
I’m still a little sick but I did make it to the gym and work…but I really want to go home. I’m working at home tomorrow so that should be good.
Yes, but only the people who really care come here and get my status.
Updated Status: wheels down at a gloomy RDU, still on plane.
Well – I just bought the Seaborne part of our trip to St. Croix (from San Juan).
Now, I just need 1 night hotel in San Juan & everything except eating & drinking will be all paid for before well the trip.
And – side note – AmEx decided to check to be sure I was really buying the plane tickets, so my first attempt was declined. I guess I should be happy that they don’t want me to be charged for things I’m not buying, but it is annoying when it is happening.
Everyone looks like a thief on the internet.
Barb, once I was booking a one-way flight from Prestwick airport in Scotland (on the western coast) to Riga, Latvia, and AmEx kept denying the charge because who would ever want to go one-way to Latvia?! I had to try it three times. I guess everyone looks like a terrorist on the internet, too.
Latvia- yeah, I could see them thinking, there is no way she’d want to do that!