Two critical projects at work.
Sharpened Stone paperwork that needs to be completed, notarized, duplicated, and preferably mailed today.
I have a flight to Raleigh at 2pm.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Share one way you save time in the morning.
Starting the day in a stressed-out whirlwind is a sure way to feel frazzled when you get to work (and perhaps for a good part of the morning). Taking charge of that time gets your day off to an easier start and can help you head into your day more relaxed, happy, and in control.
I could write a whole blog about this.
– Prepare (mentally and physically) for tomorrow today
– Wake up “on time”
– Don’t distract yourself with tv, music, etc
About The New Project
I was assigned last week to start taking over development new iOS app. As I am wont to do I started rewriting it from scratch. I started on Saturday and am running into some growing pains. It’d be no big deal if not for the other project for which I am still the technical lead (and we have a near delivery) and the fact that I’ll be headed to Raleigh today.
Raleigh? Why yes. I’ll be putting on my recruiting hat at NC State again tomorrow, and then hanging out with the Raleigh Royalty until Sunday when I return ITP. Both should be a good time.
ITP Flickr Pic
“Available Light On A Non-Light Beer”
I treated myself to dinner out, alone, last night at East Atlanta’s Argosy. Along with this Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale (Nitro) I had the Tri-Tip Beef Sandwich with french fries. Both were delicious.
I Feel As If I Need To Err
I must be getting gooder at this writing thang ’cause I’ve not had a currection from ITP-Reader Jenka in a while. Was is something I wrote? I’m used to inadvertently pushing away the women in whom I have “interest” but recently I’ve seemingly found a way to do that to the ones with whom I am just friends as well.
I’ll Be Back Tomorrow Morning
I plan to knock out a post before the start of the career fair tomorrow. I’d give you more today but:
1. I don’t have much more to divulge.
2. I need to start spinning these plates to keep them from falling off their sticks (you may need to be older than forty to understand this reference).
Today’s Personal Project
Complete and mail my Sharpened Stone paperwork.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – frantic
Current Music – nothing but the sound of my keyboard as I knock this out
Website Of The Day – In case you’ve not tired of Super Bowl information here is The NFL’s “Mind-blowing stats for Super Bowl XLVIII”.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Oops, I failed to check. Let’s say 215 pounds.
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 0 (0 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
– publish an app to the iOS AppStore (new)
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014