If you look at the screenshot I include in today’s “ITP Flickr Pic” section you’ll understand why I did not make an appearance at George’s last night.
There are times I really hate this town, or where my job is located these days, or both.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Hug yourself for a count of ten.
Stretching your upper back and shoulders builds better posture and relieves stress. If you spend hours sitting at a computer, hugging yourself will give your body some relief. The same thing goes for people whose work is more physical, or those doing housework or gardening.
I can’t, I’m too fat.
ITP Flickr Pic
If only my office had not moved out of midtown years ago.
If only I had changed jobs when it did.
Perhaps I wouldn’t have to deal with such lousy Atlanta traffic on a daily basis.
When All Else Fails, Get Fatter
I spent an annoying twenty minutes getting virtually nowhere yesterday before I gave up. Had I not been in so much pain from the previous night’s racquetball I would have packed clothes yesterday morning and convinced myself to wait out traffic at LA Fitness (or go for a pollen-filled walk). But I didn’t pack clothes.
By the time I was done I had successfully waited out traffic and was home by 8:30-9:00pm and promptly passed out.
Today’s Personal Project
Leave work early to miss traffic. Head down to Emory to hear my boss and ex-coworker sing. Be home and “in bed” by 10:30pm.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – bothered, thinking of things I need to do in order to change that
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – .
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Arg, I keep failing to jump on the scale
Foot Mileage – ~0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 3 (3 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon