Demo day and much to do. Time to make the doughnuts that make me a living.
It’s May 1, May Day, or as I like to call it, “The day on which I make sure to listen to Jonathan Coulton‘s ‘First of May'” (warning, NSFW).
Please talk amongst yourselves.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Stash a “safety snack” in your purse, backpack, or car for the next time you’re hungry on the go.
When hunger hits and you’re running errands or in the middle of another activity, wholesome snacks aren’t always available. The right snack can help you control your hunger, boost energy levels, and maintain good eating habits. Keeping a snack within reach helps you fend off the vending machine or convenience store.
I don’t know why the first thing I think of is beef jerky.
Today’s Personal Project
Play some racquetball to release the frustrations I’m experiencing.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – nervous
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – nothing today, too busy
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – Arg, I keep failing to jump on the scale
Foot Mileage – ~0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 5 (5 cardio)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– have European trip plans in place, if not carved in stone
– clean my basement to the point where I could have people over
– hire a plumber to fix all of the sinks at the ITP Estate
– walk no fewer than 75 miles
2014 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least one 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
– Sell the ITP Estate (tentative)
2014 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Continue to Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2014
- “Johnny Carson” by Henry Bushkin
- “Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative” by Austin Kleon
- “Chaos: Making a New Science” by James Gleick
- “What’s So Funny?: My Hilarious Life” by Tim Conway