I meant to post yesterday but a certain adult beverage consumed in mass quantity combined with a late return home Sunday morning kept me asleep much later than expected. Combine this with the headache that accompanied the late awaking and a scanner that did not want to play nicely with the computer to which it was attached and you have a formula for not following through with intended plans.
If Cleaning Was A Game Of HORSE I’d Have C-L-E
I made an attempt to clean and unclutter, and by my calculation I made it about half-way. Things are not nearly as nice as I’d like them to be, but they are far better than when I wrote about this last Friday.
I Am Not Amused, Nor Am I Aclienteled
Two good shows were scheduled for last night, Muse @ The Tabernacle and The Clientele @ The EARL and I attended neither. When I arrived home from the Black Sheep hash yesterday only one though went through my mind “ass meet couch” and it did, and it was good, and there was much rejoicing.
Walking down a street in Chicago I noticed this man working on a clock. I was glad that I had my camera with me at the time.
More TV Worth Watching
I’ve been a huge Good Eats fan since I first encountered the show in 1999. As many of my long-time friends know, I’ve technically worked for Alton Brown for a short period time when I was a test-chef for his first cookbook “I’m Just Here For The Food”.
Anyway, a few weeks ago a four-part series called “Feasting On Asphalt” starring Brown began showing on on Food Network. The show is about Brown and some of his motorcycle buddies travelling from East Cost to West along non-interstate roads and stopping and eating at America’s roadside restaurants. Along the way they vow not to eat at national chains (bravo) and are attempting to eat local fare whenever possible. Man this is such an awesome idea…
Random Bits And Bobs
– I think that when you remake a song it should sound different than the original. This is why I think that the Gnarls Barkley cover of Violent Femmes’ “Gone Daddy Gone” is useless.
– I don’t go to the movies much, and now there are two movies playing that I want to see. I plan to find time to see “Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby” as well as “The Night Listener”. As an aside, long-time friends will be surprised to know that I actually read the Armistead Maupin novel years ago.
– I really dig women with glasses, especially when they have neat frames.
– There is something going on at the old Echo Lounge location. The building has been painted and parking spaces have been marked. If anyone knows the 411 please let me know.
– East Atlanta has a new breakfast / lunch restaurant called Honey’s Kitchen. I was going to try it yesterday but as you have found out I woke up too late to go.
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal…
Current Mood – not bad
Current Music – Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Gomez — “How We Operate”
Website Of The Day – Yes.com is a really slick interface that allows you to find out what your favorite radio stations have been playing. As an added benefit it also works for your least favorite radio stations.
If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I’ve picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as “blogged.”
Exercise (b)Log – Black Sheep hashing on Sunday