It was a massacre. The Mystery Mountain 12-Mile Run? No, the 49-10 ass kicking that the Florida Gators put on the Georgia Bulldogs! Wooo Hooo! Go Gators!
Fort Mountain: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
I spent the majority of my weekend at Fort Mountain State Park in Chatsworth, Georgia. I drove up after attending a happy hour on Friday and returned yesterday afternoon.
– The race organization was top-notch. Kudos go to GUTS including ITP-readers Sal and Sarah for putting on a well-organized, properly-marked, sufficiently-supported, event. Everyone involved was committed to making this a great event. Now if we could only figure out how to kill off some of the bees.
– I finished.
– Sleeping in my car was wonderful, especially when I figured out the best angle at which to park so that I don’t slide down into the trunk.
– I camped like a champ. Once I do some post-camping trip analysis to figure out which items I need to bring and which ones I do not, things will be even better.
– The fleece throw that I purchased in Bi-Lo whether it cost me $3.33 or $9.99 (it was in a bin labeled 3/$9.99 but I didn’t look at my receipt) was the best thing ever. On Saturday night I was a little cold in my sleeping bag and slipped the fleece down the sleeping bag and was snuggly-warm.
– Fox Bros BBQ’s smoked chicken wings and a half-Tomminator were a perfect meal to end the weekend.
– I had to fight people off my campsite on Saturday night. When I returned from sharing a beverage with those staying in the pioneer campsite I was stunned to see a car pulled into my campsite and people putting up a tent. I was furious and asked them what the fuck they were doing? It was clear that they did not have a reservation and were squatting on my site even though I had left a pan, my toothbrush and toothpaste, the cover to my camping chair, a half-gallon of water, and my wood behind. Remember, there was no tent since I wasn’t sleeping in one. After much conversation I got them to pack up their stuff and leave. I was rather worried that they were going to retaliate my anger once I went to sleep, especially since I accused them of removing my name from the campsite leaving me no proof the the site was mine.
– I walked way too much and cramped during the race.
– The altercation with the campsite squatters really took a lot of the fun out of the idea of camping alone and sleeping in my car.
– It took me three hours to finish the race, well behind the rest of the hashers running. Even with my lack of training I really expected to finish under three hours.
Anyone Go To The Drive By Truckers / The Hold Steady Show Saturday?
Missing that show was one of the casualties of deciding to go to Chatsworth this weekend.
Returning The Defective
On Friday I took my defective Macbook to FedEx Kinkos to be returned. Hopefully this week I will receive a full-functioning replacement.
Last night I opened my latest delivery from Netflix and was bummed to find out that I have been given another broken disc. I quickly reported the problem on their website and dropped it into the mail this morning.
I hate failure, followed very closely by waiting.
Flexing My Brain Muscle Tonight, Not My Leg Muscles
Sure, I could run with the East Atlanta Monday Night Running Group, however tonight I choose not to. Actually I want to give my ankle and knees the chance to recover and have had a long-standing commitment to join with some friends to play team trivia at North Highland Pub tonight.
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal…
Current Mood – Even though I’m slow and I ache I feel great
Current Music – Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Oasis — “Falling Down”
Website Of The Day – Want to invite people to a gathering but are sick and tire of using Evite? Give Pingg a chance.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – Sunday: running/hiking, 12 miles
Monday Morning Weigh-In – 198 pounds
Foot Mileage – 12 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3 (3)
Vegetarian Days – 1
Carnivorous Days – 1
Marta Rides – 0
Books To Read To Earn Kindle – 4
1) Lose no fewer than three pounds
2) Drink no soda
3) Run no fewer than 75 miles
4) Bike no fewer than 100 miles