The holidays are officially over, and for me that means I don’t get another paid vacation day until Memorial Day. Well I guess in these troubled times I shan’t complain about that.
North Of The
On Saturday night a group of us headed to the magical land known as Tasty China. We wer headed for the food as well as the show that is the owner/waitress who will let you know when she’s not happy with your selection.
The seven of us, including three vegetarians aka “those people”, ordered meals which were shared amongst the table. The carnivores won the night as we were able to sample from all platters. Of course one of us who shall rename nameless chose sesame chicken so which pretty much guaranteed that he would be the only one consuming it. Why ITP-reader Bob did that I’ll never figure out. After some confusion I wound up ordering some green bean dish.
What I should have done was what a guy at one of the nearby tables did, bring a camera a take photos of the food. Even if the shots didn’t come out as blog-worthy material I’d might have a chance of reordering the food I liked.
A Day Down In Day Spa Land
The Moreland Day Spa held a birthday celebration yesterday. Because I hadn’t been out shooting in some time I decided to pack the camera and head south early in the day. Not surprisingly breakfast was consumed at the Waffle House. However somewhat surprisingly it was the Waffle House on exit 51, the exit formally taken on my trips to Hedon.
Post breakfast I drove around for hours looking for free-standing hearths (note: look for a Google Map announcement in the near future). After finally locating one I headed to the Day Spa for a excellent afternoon of drinking, eating, and domino playing.
ITP Flickr Pic
One last “holiday” shot until we put those thoughts until Christmas merchandise returns to the stores in August.
This was taken in Senoia, GA; the sleepy little town in which portions of Steel Magnolias and Driving Miss Daisy were filmed.
Was It Really Four Pounds Of Fun?
I stepped onto the scale today. I wish that I hadn’t. The last time I had stepped onto my scale was New Year’s Day. On that day it read 199.5 pounds. This morning it read 203 pounds. Ugh.
I’m not announcing crazy diets, exercise plans, or anything like that. However, today will start the beginning of a common-sense lifestyle.
Tonight Will Be More OTP For Me
One of the unpublished “resolutions” I’ve made is to attend meetings of the Roswell Photographic Society. Consider it my attempt to break through my current photography stagnation and hopefully a launching pad for getting my “professional” site up.
My First Birthday Callout Of The Year
Today marks a big day for ITP-Reader and Day Spa Proprietor Steve. It seems that a half-century ago he entered the world. Thanks again for the fun time down south.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, but moving slowly
Current Music – listening to the TWiT podcast
Website Of The Day – Did you get and iPhone during the holidays? Check out application reviews at AppVee
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Monday Morning Weigh-In – 203 pounds
Foot Mileage – 3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 5 (5)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 4
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on the dining room (not going to lie, I picked an easy room first)
– Lose no fewer than two pounds
– Run no fewer than 50 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas, and How to Be Happy, Dammit: A Cynic’s Guide to Spiritual Happiness
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (January 1st weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem