Today’s title is my homage to Barb. 🙂
I’m Trying To Get More Phoney
If you read my life’s tea leaves you understand that while 2009 is the “Year of the Ox” for the Chinese, for me it will be the “Year of Getting Back Into Programming.”
In addition to learning Ruby on Rails, I have become the long and painful process of becoming an iPhone developer. I have no idea what I will develop for the iPhone, but I do know from history that when I identify a hot topic I should follow up on it instead of waiting and doing nothing (see also “The Internet”).
If you have an idea for an application or experience with iPhone development and have input, please drop me a comment or email.
Last night’s dinner was consumed at Atlanta’s Midway Pub. I was on a “vegetarian” day and considered a plateful of veggie hot dogs as a fine way to end the day. While I was right about that I was also reminded how much I would have liked fewer hot dogs and some sort of side item for my $7, as well as how much I hated the odor of cigarette smoke.
What would it take for the City of Atlanta to follow in the footsteps of New York, San Francisco, hell even Decatur, and ban smoking from bars and restaurants?
I know, I’m a completely whining dickhead. I want my self-destructive bar-life to be smoke-free. I really could care less whether or not you want to smoke. Go ahead smoke! I just don’t want your smoking to leave a lingering odor on me. Should I be allowed to go around a room and spit mists of beer on people? If not, why not?
Here’s To Poor Plumbing!
No, not fixed yet. However, my City of Atlanta water/sewer bill was only $19 for last month! This is a low bill for me especially considering I am still showering and using the toilet on a daily basis.
Tonight I’ll be at the laundromat laundering my clothes, as well as all of the coverings for my basement sofa. Since there will be no Super Bowl party at my house on Sunday I see no reason not to clean it all today.
I Voted For Him And I Think This Is HILARIOUS
It can be purchased from Chia
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – in the fog
Current Music – listening to last week’s “This American Life” podcast
Website Of The Day – I would have named the site RouxTube (RooTube) but I suppose RouxBe (Ruby) is just as good for a cool recipe/cooking website.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – stair climbing, six flights of stairs (not much, but at least it’s something)
Foot Mileage – 3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 27 (27)
Vegetarian Days – 5
Carnivorous Days – 21
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on the dining room (not going to lie, I picked an easy room first)
– Lose no fewer than two pounds
– Run no fewer than 50 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas, and How to Be Happy, Dammit: A Cynic’s Guide to Spiritual Happiness
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem