This is not one of them.
No Really, Thank You Hulu
I had no idea that there was a new episode of The Office “aired” on Sunday night, and with no dvr to magically record it for me I was feeling a bit screwed. Sure, I knew that iTunes would have it (but refuse to pay $1.99 for a television episode) and I knew that Hulu would have it… eventually. Who knew that Hulu would have it on Monday morning? Not me! But they did. And I watched it. And there was much rejoicing.
If Not For Attempting To Eat Vegetarian I Would Have Eaten A Child
I left work some time after 6pm. My main goal was to get some dinner and since I had eaten vegetarian up to that point I decided to close the day out that way. In my work neighborhood a few veghead options exist, my two favorite being Willy’s Mexicana Grill and Sweet Tomatoes. I chose the latter. I made a mistake. Don’t get me wrong, the food at Sweet Tomatoes was fine (although $10 seemed steep).
I should have turned around and exited Sweet Tomatoes the second I entered and heard the noise. It was as if I had entered a Chuck E. Cheese (what’s the modern-day equivalent? Gymboree?). Kids playing. Many kids playing. Ugh. But, I had my mind set on salad so I entered. The place was literally three-quarters filled with families, all having a good time, all with the same right as me to be in Sweet Tomatoes. I admit it was my decision to dine there, and I accept responsibility for my decisions.
Knee Jerk Reaction
My knee is bugging the shit out of me. It’s still my left knee, and it’s the inside of the knee that is acting up.
The pain seemed to return last week when, in a small effort to get some exercise, I started climbing the six flights of stairs to my office instead of using the elevator. By Friday I was experiencing pain. The pain is not constant, but on occasion I twist my knee the wrong way, or do a deep knee bend, and experience pain.
I Have Identified The Enemy
And the enemy is me.
More specifically the enemy is me eating food.
More specifically the enemy is me eating too much food.
More specifically the enemy is me eating too much food all the fucking time!
I write these sentences as a reminder to myself today to stop eating so much goddamn food. I am not going to die if I don’t shove grub down my gullet, in fact I might live longer if I stop being such a glutton!
There, I feel better.
In addition to working on the house in 2009 (which reminds me, I’m in need of someone who has some electrical chops for some fairly simple work that I am going to chose not to do myself perhaps) I am upgrading a lot of things in my life.
I’ve tightened up the Stats & Goals section of the blog in order to convey the same information in a more compact format.
I am upgrading my home network in order to provide a more pleasurable media viewing experience for yours truly.
And I am again trying to upgrade my computer programming skills. This may be the toughest upgrade of the year.
Happy Birthday Bro!
My brother doesn’t read this, so I can safely announce that he turns sixty today. Six. Zero. Shit, that makes me feel old.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – strange
Current Music – listening to last week’s “Sound Opinions” podcast
Website Of The Day – I should probably put my money where my
mouth is keystrokes are by making a pledge at Pledgehammer.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3 (3)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 1
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my bed room
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem