Hmmm, all this time I’ve been bitching about how fat I’ve become. Guess who was warm this morning? (of course a coat would have been a better plan as it would be easier to shed when the weather warms up again)
A Print In Time
This morning I put an order in for a print which will probably be the one I donate for the photography auction. After mulling all of the suggestions provided a few weeks ago I chose “March of the Honey Bear Soldiers”. I chose this print because it’s one of my favorites, and this way if no one bids on it I can keep it.
I also plan to work on and print some of the other suggestions for my own home’s benefit.
Farewell, Bon Voyage, Auf Wiedersehen
Last night I joined a bunch of Flickrites at the El Azteca in Sandy Springs for a farewell dinner for one of our own, Russell Reno. Russell is one of the first Flickrites I met in real life when I attended my first photostroll at the Oakland Cemetery back in the Good Old Days of Flickr. In the next few weeks Russell will be moving back to California and last night’s meal was a good chance to see him off as well as see many of my Flickr friends that I don’t see often enough.
ITP Flickr Pic
After the Chinese New Year celebration a group of us went to eat some dim sum at Royal China
I thank my eating companions for allowing me to shoot some of the plates before they were devoured. I only wish I liked more of the shots I took.
How Many Paulie’s Does It Take To Change A Light Bulb?
Apparently the answer is still “one”, however it needs to be modified to “one, motivated Paulie.” The other night one of the light bulbs in my bed room, the same bedroom which is the target of this month’s “fix it up” plan, burned out. This is not a completely unusual occurrence in my house and normally I take care of the matter immediately. However, over the past few days I’ve been so swamped by Life that the simple steps of:
- Get stepladder
- Determine wattage of burned out bulb
- Get replacement bulb
- Replace bulb
- Return stepladder
have been too many steps to carry out.
I’d Like Some Audiobook Advice
With the realization that many of my podcasts have gone the way of the dodo bird I have decided to finally getting around to joining Audible. I plan to join at the membership level which will get me one book a month. Hey look at that! I’ll be “reading” at least one book a month! 🙂
Do any of you have recommendations? I would love to listen to things which are in the self-help / productivity category.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fat
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s “C|Net’s Buzz Out Loud” podcast
Website Of The Day – Instapaper is valuable website for saving websites so they can be read on an iPhone at a later time. Best yet? It’s free (unless you go for the “Pro” iPhone app for $10)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4 (4)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 2
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my bed room
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem