How is it that the Red Top Rumble is this Sunday? Since January 1st I have run a grand total of three miles. My participation in the run (I shan’t call it a “race” as I never had a chance of winning) is in question. My attendance at the event is not however. Even though there is a film photostroll in East Atlanta Sunday morning I want to go up and meet the race’s director because she hails from Winnipeg. That’s right, I’m going to meet a real Winnipeggan, Winnipegger?
All Those Photogs, So Few Shutter Presses
As I mentioned yesterday I blew off going to see “
Tough Smart Cookie” (thanks for the correction Holly) at the Hertz Stage (and have successfully exchanged my ticket for one next week) and went to the meetup for Atlanta Photography Exposure instead.
The meetup was held at Marlow’s Tavern (Northlake). I had never been to a Marlow’s Tavern, in fact I admit I had no idea they existed. This installment of their tavern is attached to the Double Tree hotel just inside the perimeter on Lavista Road. The bar itself was nice (nothing to write home about), the beer was okay (I drank Yeungling), and their appetizers were quite tasty (it didn’t hurt that I was very hungry and that they were free).
It was a really fun time. I believe that over forty people were in attendance, including many people whose company I enjoy but don’t see often enough. Lest you think that all we do is discuss aperture and shutter speeds, this funny bit of video was one of the topics of conversation Don Draper’s Guide To Picking Up Women (Thanks to Romanlily for the linkage)
Debating An Internet Switch
Well, it’s that time again. I am paying too much for my internet access at home and am contemplating switching providers again. It would be a convenient time to switch because I still can’t remember my password for my current provider and have not had the chance to contact them.
Every time I go through this I wind up staying put. I have a huge fear of switching to one of the Big Guys (AT&T or Comcast) and having my downloads monitored and throttled. Further, anytime you ever ask a customer of AT&T or Comcast they tell you how much they hate their service.
So Much Going On This Weekend
Tonight I am going to try and make it to The EARL to see Gringo Star perform. It’s been some time since I’ve seen the lads on stage and am looking forward to hearing them perform their new tunes and possibly taking some shots. No I am not. Gringo Star plays at The EARL March 6th, not February 6th. This is what happens when a non-leap year February starts on a Sunday and I don’t pay attention to my calendar entering. Thanks Mindy for setting me straight.
Tomorrow will be an extremely busy day. Photography will be involved. Work will be involved. Home organization will be involved. And I will definitely end the night at The EARL because I possess a ticket for one of Patton Oswalt’s sets.
Sunday, well you already know all about that.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – good
Current Music – none, it’s eerily silent as I write this
Website Of The Day – Some people seek inspiration from the Good Book, I do it through food blogs. Today I’ve chosen Still With Life.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 6 (6)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 4
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my bed room
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem