On future Fridays I think that I will stop listing all of the weekend activities I plan on doing. For instance, Gringo Star didn’t play last Friday; instead they play Friday, March 6th and I had the wrong date on my calendar. I spent a lot of time shooting photos and working this weekend, so I skipped the Patton Oswalt show on Saturday night — I was in no mood for humor anyway. And finally, instead of running yesterdays Red Top Rumble I drove up to the park and did some photography. Hey, I did get my laundry done yesterday — I got that going for me.
Run Through The Hills
Congratulations to all who participated in the Red Top Rumble yesterday.
I have to admit, I wanted to run yesterday but fear and common sense won out. So instead I got up before the buttcrack of dawn and drove all the way to Red Top Mountain all for hanging with some friends and taking photos of runners (which turn out to be much more frustrating than I imagined).
For the record I did get my race packet including the shirt. So if you ever see me wearing it out fee free to call me out as a poser (Lisa, I will not wear it in your presence). Also for the record, I am bummed that I wasn’t able to get time with the race director or her father, because both were busy, in an attempt to find out cool things about Winnipeg.
ITP Flickr Pic
On Saturday morning I met up with a few guys to do a photostroll around this month’s Atlanta Grid Project in Avondale.
This is a portion of the half-dome in one of the city parks within the grid.
I Went Back To My Goodwill And My Goodwill Was Gone
On my drive home yesterday I decided to visit a Goodwill on Cobb Parkway that I haven’t visited in some time. I’ve started making the thrift store rounds looking for some camera gear on the cheap. Driving down I75 I made the cut over to Cobb Parkway, headed south on Cobb Parkway, turned just past the Sam’s Club, and was dumbfounded. In the parking lot was a new Wal*Mart, but no Goodwill. This is the second time in the past few years that Goodwill has closed a retail store and moved it. Frustrating. I at least hope that they’ve made some good money on the real estate.
I Have Seen A Hypocrite And That Hypocrite Is Me
Long-time friends know my disdain toward Chick-fil-A because they let their religious beliefs keep me from eating their food on Sundays. I’ve never thought that they should not be allowed to follow their beliefs and close on Sundays, but I’ve avoided eating their because I didn’t want to support their actions.
Recently I realized that I am a hypocrite. I routinely shop at B&H Photo even though I know that they close their online store to observe the Sabbath as well as during Jewish holy periods.
What’s the difference between the practices of Chick-fil-A and B&H Photo? None. I guess this means it’s okay for me to start eating at Chick-fil-A now. Who wants waffle-cut fries???
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – unsure
Current Music – Sirius/XM channel 26, playing A.C. Newman — “The Palace At 4 AM”
Website Of The Day – A day at a state park always makes me think of the United States Forest Service.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Monday Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 9 (9)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 7
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my bed room
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem