I don’t have much to blog about because today’s title is all I did yesterday and about all I conceive of doing for the remainder of the week. I’ve even been forced to once again give up on the idea of going to the Alliance Theatre to see their performance of “Smart Cookie” tonight. Poop.
Look Ma! New Kindle!
Amazon announced a new Kindle. Even though I’ve proven that I don’t read often enough to warrant one, I still want one.
I think for the time being I’ll hold off on plunking down $359 for a new Kindle and treat myself by lining Amazon’s pockets by subscribing to a year’s worth of Audible instead. I think that I should be able to listen to a book a month. 😉
Taking Care Of (Only) Business
I have so much to do. The following has been put on the back burner as I attempt to finish a work project.
- get plumbing in house fixed
- schedule car maintenance
- schedule appointment with tax preparer
- get new eyeglasses adjusted
- schedule appointment with dermatologist
- schedule appointment with doctor for knee
- work on bedroom
- upgrade networking in my house
- learning Ruby on Rails
- learning iPhone development
- getting a haircut
- order a shitload of stuff for me (okay, this isn’t necessary but it’s fun)
Well, at least with all of these tasks on my plate I shouldn’t care about the fact that this Saturday is Valentine’s Day and I am dateless yet again.
Okay, I’m off to the salt mines…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – harried
Current Music – listening to Leo Laporte’s “The Tech Guy” podcast
Website Of The Day – I don’t know what The Cow Survey is all about, but it seems to have as much content as my bog post today.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 10 (10)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 8
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my bed room
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem