After having the ‘E’ key on my “new” laptop pop off, I popped off. “ENOUGH!” I quickly fired off a spiteful whine onto to Twitter, and therefore Facebook as well. I then realized that this was not good for me, and probably not that great for all who read it. I have put myself into the Social Network Penalty Box and will not be checking either site for a while. Of course I can be reached through this blog, or through the email address listed in the right-hand galley.
Las Vegas edged Detroit for the title of America’s most abandoned city. Atlanta came in third, followed by Greensboro, N.C., and Dayton, Ohio. Our rankings, a combination of rental and homeowner vacancy rates for the 75 largest metropolitan statistical areas in the country, are based on fourth-quarter data released Feb. 3 by the Census Bureau. Each was ranked on rental vacancies and housing vacancies; the final ranking is an average of the two.
Yikes! We’re number three?
It’s Almost Official
Last night I worked through a “Hello World!” application using Apple’s iPhone Development Tools. Sure, this is not going to shake the world, but it’s a start.
To get to this point has been somewhat of an effort. First, I had to download the iPhone SDK, which is a whopping 1.7GB and takes a while to download. (on a further note: two of the three times I attempted this the resulting file was not 100% correct.)
To become an “Official” iPhone Developer I must also fork over $99 to Apple for some additional tools which allow testing on an actual iPhone or iPod Touch instead of just a computer simulation. Last night I began the process of applying and was thwarted by what should have been a simple question — “Do I want to be listed as an Individual or a Company?”. At first I thought “Company, of course.” but then read the fine print where I might have to provide papers of incorporation to do so. Bummer, I don’t want be listed by my name, I want to be listed by a company name. Next up: either incorporating or becoming an individual.
ITP Flickr Pic
I have nothing for today. I am not shooting nearly enough. I finally made a first pass through the shots I took at Red Top Rumble and have mixed emotions about them.
Does Any One Know A Good Place In Atlanta To Buy A Photo Mat?
I need to purchase a mat for the photo I am donating tomorrow. You know, for the Atlanta Photography Exposure’s Silent Auction. Do you know of a good place to purchase a pre-cut mat? If so, please let me know today.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair
Current Music – listening to the latest “The Word Nerds” podcast
Website Of The Day – My breakfast today will never be found in the Eat Well Guide. However, you should go there if you want to be a healthier person.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 17 (17)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 16
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my bed room
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem