Did you feel it? Yesterday was the day that television stations were to shut off their analog tv transmissions and go all-digital. Or NOT… That’s right, the All-Knowing Government stepped in and mucked things up again, so from now until June 12th (the supposed next time that all analog tv transmissions are to cease) who knows which stations will be in digital only. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
I Must Be Off My Game
How could I forget the Eagles as one of the oldest NFL teams named after an animal?
Walter Payton was the first NFL player on a Wheaties box? Really?
Our efforts earned us nothing.
iPhone Owners, Have You Tried Amazon Remembers?
Yesterday I was introduced to a feature on the Amazon app on the iPhone called “Remembers.” It’s a feature of the app which helps you find things based on a photo. Here’s how it works:
- Get iPhone
- Download Amazon app (why haven’t you already?)
- Launch Amazon app and select “Remembers” on the bottom
- Take a photo of the item you want Amazon to find and remember
- Wait for Amazon to find it
- If found, buy!
Very cool, no? No, I’ve not taken a photo of my plumbing problems…
Things This Morning Were Not All Buttoned-Up
For tonight’s APE auction I wanted to wear a nice shirt (nice pants less of an option due to current waist size). I thought, and thought, and then made a decision. After fastening one button the second one came off in my hand. Dangen! Even though I do own one of those (As Seen on TV) Buttoneer, there was no time to mend and I have a big desire to not look like a dork missing a button on his shirt. Double Dangen! Currently wearing Option B.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, but weirder than normal
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s “Buzz Out Loud” podcast from C|Net
Website Of The Day – Who wouldn’t want to listen to music online? Favtape is another service to help you do so.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing of note
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 18 (18)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 17
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my bedroom
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem