I’ll be honest. Yesterday was a dull day so today’s blog post will not be groundbreaking.
Oh wait, Happy Earth Day!
The Great Frame Up, Cont. Meh
Last night I finally started assembling some of the frames, mats, and photos for Friday’s show. I will only be hanging one shot, but thanks to Hobby Lobby‘s sale I’ve been able to get enough materials to frame three. This is good since I still don’t know which one I’ll be hanging. So far my self-critical nature is making me want to not hang any at all — the shots look good, but not great.
A little-known fact is that when I moved to Atlanta I lived OTP. ***GASP*** Yep, for nearly two years I lived in an apartment complex called Spring Creek Crossing, later called AMLI at Spring Creek, on Roswell Road just south of Northridge (Exit 6 for you 400 commuters). I was young(ish), I didn’t know any better!
In those days I frequented a sports bar called Digger’s Sports Bar, which conveniently was one of the meeting locations of the University of Florida alumni groups for football games.
While traveling to Roswell for the Roswell Photographic Society I noticed that Digger’s has closed. A little research has shown that they closed at the end of last year. There goes another small piece of my past.
ITP Flickr Pic
Never to be printed, but I’d definitely like to go back and eat this again.
This sandwich was purchased from a Vietnamese restaurant in Asian Square on Buford Highway. Did I mention that it cost me only $2?
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, but still suffering
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s “Buzz Out Loud” podcast from C|Net
Website Of The Day – Earth Day Network. Why not, today is Earth Day after all.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 3 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 22 (22)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 21
Marta Rides – 0
none, and this is not an April Fools joke
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem