Poison ivy has convinced me to wear a long-sleeved shirt on a warm day. If you want to find me tonight check out Brewhouse (after work) where I’ll be seeing some friends who are in from out of town and then I’ll be headed to the Granite Room in the Bighouse Loft Galllery in Castleberry Hill for tonight’s exhibit.
I’m Officially Well Hung
Not only do I have one photo in tonight’s Atlanta Photography Exhibit show, I have two!
It looks like my indecision paid off. Last night I took two framed photos with me in order to make a last-minute decision about which one I was going to hang. I brought one and hung it, and then was told that there was a lot of empty space on my wall and could hang another if I desired. And of course I did.
Want to cost me $2000? Get someone to come and buy at least one of my framed photos. I’ve made a deal with myself that if I sold photos for profit this year I would make Jalapeño Beach “official” and buy some new glass in order to improve my work. Yeah, yeah, plumbing, smumbing; I’ve got that already budgeted.
ITP Flickr Pic
You know what would have been smart? To bring my camera into last night’s gallery setup and shoot. There is no photo today, because I am not that smart. Instead, I’ll pimp tonight’s show.
RealiTV Update: I Might Be The Only Person Still Watching “The Chopping Block”
I really think that I am the only one still watching The Chopping Block, now only available on Hulu. That’s okay with me.
The show is down to two couples. My first thought was that this would be the last episode, but as is the case with all RealiTV shows, things get dragged (Terri: “drug?”) out.
For their “final” competition Marco Pierre White dragged (man, I’m getting a kick out of this grammar shit) the two couples to the Neue Gallery (odd spelling) to cook dinner inspired the art work of Gustav Klimpt (but not Emmanuel Kant because he was a real piss ant).
During dinner MPW had a lovely dinner guest who was the food critic of the New York Daily News, and came to two revelations
- The New York Daily News is still in business?
- I guess you don’t have to be fat in order to be a food critic
California hotties Kelsey and Vanessa (how have they survived???) took inspiration from the gold leaf on one of Klimt’s paintings and created a chocolate covered cherry garnished. Little Miss Food Critic loved the dessert and it helped K&V win the night. They thought that they had won it all. SURPRISE!. There is at least one more week.
Other Musings Of A Pregnant Yak
Don’t ask, it’s a long story.
In addition to the photo exhibit (have I mentioned that I’ll have photos for sale tonight at a photo exhibit?) this weekend I’ll asl:
- I’ll be dumping off dead electronics.
- I’ll be kicking around the Inman Park Festival
- I’ll be drinking beer somewhere
- I’ll be mowing my lawn — if my lawn mower starts
- I’ll either be hashing or eating dim sum on Sunday
What will you be doing?
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair
Current Music – watching last night’s “Hell’s Kitchen”
Website Of The Day – Good Measures Meals may be a good way for me to start to lose weight. And if nothing else, their home page contains a PauliePerfect™ photo. (thanks to ITP-Reader Jenka for blogging about this site, I blatantly stole it from her)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 3 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 24 (24)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 23
Marta Rides – 0
none, and this is not an April Fools joke
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem