It is widely believed that coding, much like writing music, is best left to the twenty-somethings. I’m about to try and shatter that notion. I guess it’s safe to officially announce that I am once again a full-time software developer — and loving it! I have always had a passion for software development and had been suppressing this passion for way too long.
A lot has changed since I put mind-to-algorithm, so I have a huge amount of learning to do in order to
Time To ‘Splain
A few weeks ago I started “Unfollowing” people on Twitter. The people that I “Unfollowed” were people with whom I was friends on Facebook so I knew that the majority of the information that they produced was duplicated, and I just don’t have the time to read updates twice these days. What I also knew is that there would be some backlash one people realized that I “Unfollowed” them. At last night’s Tweetup I found myself explaining this decision to more than one person who felt that I had slighted them by “Unfollowing” them. Social Networking can be so darned complicated…
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing again. I promise that will change starting next week.
Well, this is one way that I can lose weight…
Before last night’s Tweetup I stopped at the East Atlanta Farmers Market and picked up two loaves of bread. I love locally-produced artisan bread, and managed to have two small chunks prior to going to bed.
I woke up this morning with the plan to split the bread, freeze some, wrap some in plastic to save it, and take some in to work for breakfast. Sadly, as soon as I picked up one of the loaves I noticed that there was a stream of black ants marching to and from the bread. Dangen! I don’t know about you, but once something like this happens I cannot fathom eating the bread, so I promptly threw out the loaves.
Other than providing nourishment for anteaters, what is the purpose of the black ant in the world? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Ich bin ein introvertierter
In one of yesterday’s comments I mentioned the “I Word,” no not “intercourse,” nor “iPod,” but rather “introvert.” Yes, it’s true I am an introvert, which probably explains why I try hard to express myself through this blog.
And for those of you partaking in tomorrow’s East Atlanta Beer Festival:
- Congratulations, it looks like the weather will be great
- Enjoy, but drink responsibly (unless you can stagger home)
- Wear sunblock. You will be outside in the bright sun for hours. Don’t wake up Sunday with a hangover and sunburn
- Have fun in my neighborhood and keep us in mind for your future drinking plans
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – good, but fat
Current Music – listening to the “Cranky Geeks” podcast
Website Of The Day – Who knows, once I relearn the computer technology that I’ve forgotten I’ll go back and relearn the things I learned in high school by going to Brightstorm.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 7 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 19 (19)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 27
Marta Rides – 0
Whoops, I didn’t even consider this. Perhaps something will be here on Monday.
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem