I believe that it was the great poet Thom Yorke of Radiohead who uttered that phrase and it is so true.
I Have No One To Blame For This But Myself
I am one MF’ing busy dude. Omitting that pesky task known as “work,” let’s take a peek at my committed itinerary for the next few weeks.
July 16th: Team Trivia at Raging Burrito
July 17th: Dirty Projectors show at The EARL
July 18th: Worldwide Photowalk Day, last-minute Black Sheep Hash planning, possible Atlanta Braves game (they play the Mets at 4p), and rest night because of what’s planned for July 19th
July 19th: Black Sheep Hash
July 20th: Submitting my first photo for critique at the Roswell Photographic Society.
July 21st: Atlanta Twitter Tweetup at the Center For Puppetry Arts.
July 22nd: Mah Birthday! Magnolia Electric Co. show at 40 Watt Club in Athens
July 23rd: Cracker show at The EARL
July 24th: Open? What, What?
July 25th: Jason Lytle / Neko Case show at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. [this is now very tentative because the only seats remaining suck; I should have purchased earlier.]
July 26th: Old 97’s show at Variety Playhouse
July 27th: M. Ward show at 40 Watt Club in Athens
Not much, eh? Don’t interpret this as complaining. I know that I do this to myself.
Hey, How’d That Happen?
Looking back at the food ingested yesterday I see that I actually had a vegetarian day! This is the first time in months that meat has not been part of my intake.
– Breakfast consisted of yogurt and a slice of bread.
– Lunch consisted of a leftover meatless sandwich and a bag of potato chips (I know, evil).
– Dinner consisted of white rice and soy sauce that I improved through the addition of some of the hot tabasco peppers that have been growing in my garden.
First I start getting a little exercise, now I go a day without eating meat? I don’t know who I am any more!
ITP Flickr Pic
I heard laughter and a lot of rustling in the office yesterday afternoon. When I got up to investigate this is what I saw.
Apparently one of my coworker’s birthday was yesterday, he took the day off, and his “friends” took the opportunity to decorate his cube. I guess this is one case where he really didn’t do it to himself.
Living On The Cutting Edge Sometimes Gets You Bloody
About a year to eighteen months ago I jumped on, and may even selected as a “Website Of The Day” a service called Photrade. Photrade was a site that was going to help photographers communicate and sell prints.
The other day I received the following in email:
Dear Photrade Users,
At the end of 2008 you were informed by the owners of Photrade.com that they had lost their funding and would not continue to develop the website. And at some point earlier this year, all of the full sized images that had been uploaded to Photrade were deleted. I hope you kept a backup copy of your images.
Oh well. I guess it’s good that I didn’t invest much time or money into getting my Photrade account set up.
So Let Me Get This Straight
As I mentioned the other day I’ve decided to can my planned Chicago/Milwaukee trip. Unfortunately, I’ve already booked the flight. Perusing Delta‘s website they have a $150 fee to change a flight.
Thanks to the beauty of Skype I was able to chat with my brother and nail down a few-day time frame during which I can visit. Using teh internets I’ve found a round-trip flight for $169.
Now the question. If I try to change my flight with Delta will my cost be $169 (the priced difference between my two flights — $19, plus the ticket change == $150). If that’s the case wouldn’t it be smart to pay full price for the New York ticket and if I decide to skip Chicago cancel this ticket at the last minute? As I see it, I have two flights planned for the same price as changing one planned flight for another.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – words can’t describe the oddness I’m feeling today
Current Music – listening to the latest “MacApper” podcast
Website Of The Day – Props to Sing365 for providing the proper lyrics for today’s title and also the ones on which I will base my Black Sheep Hash song later tonight
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 198 pounds
Foot Mileage – ~6 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 13 (13)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 14
Marta Rides – 0
– Regain interest in my life
– Not get fired from my job
– Plan and lay a successful Black Sheep hash on July 19th
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem