This Friday brings new adventures.
Even though my blogs have been a bit short of late (Look! It’s happening again.) In case it hasn’t been evident, I’m packing my life full of adventures in an attempt to finally live life.
Hello Failure My Old Friend
I’ve been pushing myself hard lately, perhaps too hard. After winding up laundry yesterday I returned home to catch up on a little television and grab a nap before the Cracker show at The EARL.
I also succeeded in taking a nap, which was the harbinger of my FAIL. I wound up waking up at 10pm with no intention of leaving the house. As much as I really wanted to see Cracker again the thought of getting up and going to a smoky The EARL, return home very late, and get up early today to head out of town again was just too much for this forty-four year old.
It’s all going to be alright.
ITP Flickr Pic
Believe it or not I didn’t shoot the DSLR once in Athens. I just felt continually rushed and never had the time to explore with my camera.
Instead I took one shot post-concert at The Grill where I capped off my birthday with a cup of coffee and a chocolate milkshake.
And For My Next Trick — Pardon Me Boy, Is That The Chattanooga Choo-Choo?
After work I’m Chattanooga bound for a Chattanooga Lookouts baseball game. After much deliberation I’ve also decided to cash in 10,000 of my “frequent stayer” points tonight and spend the night in Chattanooga cost-free. W00t!
And For My Next Trick After That — If It’s Saturday Then It Will Be Nashville
From Chattanooga I will be headed to Nashville. Tomorrow night I’ll be headed to the Ryman Auditorium for the Neko Case show with Jason Lytle opening (thanks again, Vic).
I’m pleased to be headed back to Nashville, if even just for one day. I plan to explore the city a bit with my camera, and load up my car with some beer that I can’t purchase around here.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay
Current Music – listening to last week’s The Next Food Network Star.
Website Of The Day – In case you haven’t figured out, I like “the arts.” Lens Culture is an excellent contemporary photography and art online magazine.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 199 pounds
Foot Mileage – ~6 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 1 (19)
Vegetarian Days – 2, Carnivorous Days – 21
Marta Rides – 0
– Regain interest in my life
– Not get fired from my job
– Plan and lay a successful Black Sheep hash on July 19th
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem