Good time yesterday. Thanks for all of your birthday wishes. I’ve got another busy day ahead of me so this will be a short one.
Athens: Without UGA I’d Like This Place
Before last night’s Magnolia Electric Co. show I located a fancy-pants beer bar, which like all Athens bars did not allow smoking indoors (*ahem* it’s time Atlanta!), and bellied up to the bar. While sipping my beers I overheard the two guys next to me talking about Decatur’s Brick Store Pub; when their conversation transitioned to East Atlanta I couldn’t help but butt in. If the owners of The Glenwood read this, you can thank me for promoting your establishment later.
I must admit, I was more than a little taken aback when I exited 40 Watt at 1:00am to find the streets buzzing with partying youngsters (oh yes, I did say youngsters). I know, Athens is a college town, filled with drinking college kids, but it was only Wednesday (technically Thursday)! It very much reminded me of my old days in Buckhead.
I ended my night by locating The Grill where I had a cup of coffee and a large, chocolate milkshake.
ITP Flickr Pic
I’m staying at what appears to be a fairly new Comfort Suites in Athens.
While it doesn’t seem to be in the “nicest” of neighborhoods, it’s about a mile or so Northeast of downtown, everything in my room is top-notch — well, as top-notch as I am used to getting.
And For My Next Trick — Chores, Followed By Fun
I’ll eventually be checking out, may take some time in Athens for fun, and then head back ITP to do some chores including laundry.
The day-after-birthday won’t be all (day off from) work and no play however as tonight I’ll be at The EARL for the Cracker show.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – good
Current Music – listening to last week’s “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me!” podcast
Website Of The Day – Now that I’m an old man I plan to keep my mental acuity by becoming addicted to KenKen puzzles.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – n/a, I’ve taken the day off from work
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – no scale in sight (thankfully)
Foot Mileage – ~6 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 19 (19)
Vegetarian Days – 2, Carnivorous Days – 20
Marta Rides – 0
– Regain interest in my life
– Not get fired from my job
– Plan and lay a successful Black Sheep hash on July 19th
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem