I’m writing this post early so that I can concentrate today. Stop laughing, I’m trying to get better…
The (Not So) Big Reveal
Yesterday I made mention of publishing a Bucket List, I’ll call it more of a “Things I Want To Do” List:
The Bucket List — To Be Completed Before I Die
- Sleep at least one night in all fifty US states, as well as Washington DC.
(I’ve struck through all of those I’ve already slept in during my adult life)
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- Take a ride in a hot air balloon (may not seem like much to you, but I’m very afraid of heights)
- Spend at least one month of my life touring Ireland and/or Europe
- Quit my job (some would also call this “retiring”)
- Learn Sign Language
- Sell my current house and either move into a proper loft, tiny house, or nothing
- Take a long train trip (better do this soon since I don’t see many trail rails being installed these days)
- Have a photograph published in a national print magazine
- Visit, and photograph, Mount Rushmore, the Statue of Liberty, the St Louis Arch (I’m sure there are more that I can’t think of at the moment)
- Plan and execute a multi-day bicycle trip
These are just the first ten of what will be an ever-evolving list. Now I need to figure out where to post this for future reference.
If You Cancel Trivia, Will They Come?
The answer to this is “Perhaps.” I wound up meeting friends for
trivia dinner at F.R.O.G.S. in midtown. As could be imagined, the main topic of conversation was where the team would gather for future trivia outings.
As for F.R.O.G.S. it was my first, and most-likely last trip to the restaurant. The service we received was incredibly sub-standard, the menu didn’t really appeal to me, and the “Loco Nachos” that I ordered last night were not really to my liking. To be fair, F.R.O.G.S. has existed for a long time without me, so I’m sure they’ll do fine without any future patronage from me.
ITP Flickr Pic
One of the things I love about my camera, when I finally get around to using it, is its ability to fire at high shutter speeds.
Obviously taken at last Friday’s Chattanooga Lookouts game.
Bummer, The Jackmobile Can’t Get Humped
Ignoring the mechanical issues the Jackmobile has had in recent months, it has provided me will all I’ve needed. The other day I found one more shortcoming.
On my recent trip to Nashville I started thinking about buying a Yakima storage box for my bike rack. With such a device I could pack it full of stuff and do something crazy like take a long car trip.
The problem I have is that because the Jackmobile is a two-door car the position of the bike rack’s crossbars is too close to accept the connection mechanism of the storage boxes. Dangen! I’m sure that I can eventually cobble something together, or perhaps purchase a larger vehicle.
Happy, Um Belated, Birthday
I hate missing birthdays for people I call friends. When I looked at the calendar last night all I could do is smack myself on the head and sigh.
Tuesday was the birthday of one of my long-time friends, and ITP-Reader Lisa (Cheese). It doesn’t seem all that long ago when a group of poor-singing hashers joined together to serenade her on her thirtieth birthday…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair, but I’m really not motivated today
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s “Buzz Out Loud” podcast from c|net
Website Of The Day – Tumbleweed Tiny House Company makes some really compelling (for me) plans for small houses.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 201 pounds
Foot Mileage – ~6 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4 (19)
Vegetarian Days – 2, Carnivorous Days – 28
Marta Rides – 0
– Regain interest in my life
– Not get fired from my job
– Plan and lay a successful Black Sheep hash on July 19th
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem