Rain, Rain, Stay Away
At least that what I was chanting last night as I went out for a bike ride. The plan was to get in a twenty-mile ride, but I managed to force myself into going twenty-three.
Because I am used to riding in traffic the ride was very uneventful, although for a stretch it seemed as if I was getting caught for every traffic light that I encountered (although I will admit to not waiting for each to change back to green).
RealiTV Update: Top Chef x Two
Last night was an awesome night in the lives of Top Chef viewers.
First, we had the season premiere of Top Chef – Las Vegas which includes three cheftestants from Atlanta. Representing Atlanta during this season are chefs from Eno, Woodfire Grill, and Pura Vida. I’ve eaten at the latter two, but I ate at Woodfire Grill before Kevin Gillespie became the chef. Speaking of Gillespie, he has quickly risen to the top of my Top Chef cheftestants favorites list. He seems to be somewhat down-to-earth and enjoying the hell out of what he is doing. All three Atlanta cheftestants made it through the first round, and Gillespie won the night with a very delicious-looking arctic char plate.
Following Top Chef – Las Vegas we were treated with the awesome finale of Top Chef Masters. It is rare when I am envious of those chosen to judge the meals created for Top Chef, but last night I certainly was. The judges were treated to twelve plates of fantastic food. Each of the three chef finalists prepared four courses:
- A course inspired by their first food memory
- A course inspired by their first restaurant
- A course inspired by their current life
- A course representing where they desire to go in the future
Man, oh man talk about Foodie Porn!
The battle for the title of Top Chef Master was an extremely close one. In the end it was Mexican food virtuoso Rick Bayless taking the title and the $100,000 for his charity of choice.
Did any of you watch either/both? What did you think?
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair
Current Music – listening to last week’s “Car Talk” podcast
Website Of The Day – I’m not one of the Great Brewers, but I’m glad they exist.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – cycling, 23 miles
Morning Weigh-In – still don’t want to know
Foot Mileage – ~8.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 106 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 8 (8)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 19
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem