Busy, for all the wrong reasons. Additionally, I need to post to Atlanta Metblogs some time today.
REI Is Like A Candy Store For Me
Last night I went in to REI to pick up a pedal wrench — which as it turns out I may not need.
I roamed and roamed, looking and drooling at so, many, things — backpacking tent, four-season therma rest, new pedals, camping gear. About the only things that I didn’t scan, mostly for fear of buying them, were shoes and clothing — although I did buy a new pair of cycling socks because they were on clearance.
I seriously could have stayed in there for hours, dreaming of a commitment-free life, traveling the countryside.
Pedal Me This, Batman
Well, I was able to accomplish 25% of my bike repair needs last night. The first pedal came off the mountain bike with effort, but nothing monumental. And then the figurative wheels came off the axles. No matter how much torque I applied to other pedals they didn’t budge.
Righty, tighty. Lefty, loosey.
I kept repeating as the sweat rolled off my nose.
I took out a hammer and tried hitting the end of the wrench to apply greater torque.
I broke out the Liquid Wrench type oils which guarantee to help unstick stuck parts. FAIL.
I even tried turning in the “wrong” direction to see if I was wrong about which way to turn, or to miraculously break the impenetrable bond which has been created.
It’s nights like these which make me shake my head in disgust. I really feel like a man-failure on occasion.
RealiTV : Top Cheffus Interruptus
Oh Mother Nature, what a fickle bitch you can be. If there is one thing that I dislike about satellite television, knowing well and good that it also pays my bills, is that weather can disrupt its service. Combine last night’s heavy thunderstorms with my tenuous satellite tv installation (don’t ask, it’s not worth reinstalling for me) and I wound up missing the last half of last night’s Top Chef. Dangen!
Luckily for me I was able to keep up with some of the goings on through the use of Twitter friends, and I can watch the recording which I had set up at work. Crisis averted.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – not bad
Current Music – listening to last night’s Top Chef since I didn’t get to see the end last night
Website Of The Day – I’m not sure that Recipe Puppy is the best URL or UI for this recipe service, but the concept is great.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t get on the scale
Foot Mileage – ~12.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 175 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 15 (15)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 26
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem