The Jackmobile is long overdue for a good washing. Days like today I often think that I should take a bucket of soapy water outside, and lather up the car right before taking off for work. Certainly a constant downpour of rain like we are experiencing today would rinse the car completely by the time I get to work.
Two Pedals Off, Two Pedals On
Last night I was able to extract the second pedal from the mountain bike. However, no amount of effort could get the pedals off my road bike. Ugh. I’m hoping that my Excalibur-like pedals come off on Saturday. If not, I’m hoping to fix the current pedals so that I can ride this weekend. Because we all know that this rain is going to pass…. right?
What’s This You Say? A New Apple Operating System?
Well, my plans to walk over to the mall to buy Snow Leopard may be washed away. This may be the best thing to happen me in a while. With a delay in purchase will come a delay in installation, which will in turn present a delay in frustration with the applications that no longer work. I’ll most likely buy my copy of Snow Leopard soon and sit on it for a little while.
There’s An App For That Atlanta Apt
Yesterday I did something that only the hipsters and people with way too much time on their hands do — I watched Apple iPhone tv commercials and took note of which applications were installed on the iPhones in the ads.
During one ad which highlighted an application one could use to find an apartment I noticed something familiar
Well looky there, the “person” in the ad was searching for apartments in Atlanta. That’s like rolling a twenty on a twenty-sided die! *pushes glasses back up the bridge of nose*
After scanning about five ads I had added no fewer than five applications to my iPhone at the cost of about $10. Let’s see if any of these start to change my life significantly. Now before you scoff, let me remind you that an iPhone is really just a mini-computer and that the odds of any or all of these apps changing my life are far greater than if I had bought ten tickets for tonight’s Mega Millions drawing.
What’s With This Weather When I Want To Ride?
In addition to getting my pedals fixed I really hope that this rain clears out early this weekend. I won’t ride tomorrow in the rain, but I’m probably not smart enough to not ride on Sunday even if it’s raining.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh, frustrated beyond belief
Current Music – listing to a CBC Radio 3 podcast
Website Of The Day – Thinking of upgrading to Snow Leopard today? You may want to check WikiDot’s
Snot Snow Leopard Compatibility List before making the leap, or at least before you perform an install.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds
Foot Mileage – ~12.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 175 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 16 (16)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 27
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem