Wait, what?!?! September??? We are entering into the final third of 2009? DANGEN!
The East Atlanta Deadbeat Dads Are Back!
After laundry last night I spent the majority of the night in front of my computer drafting the 2009 version of the East Atlanta Deadbeat Dads. I can say with confidence that had little idea what I was doing this year so I won’t be too surprised if my team is terrible. That being said, they can’t be much worse than the 2008 version of the Double D’s who were auto-drafted since I was in Colorado, and managed to win but one game.
I had the seventh pick (of twelve teams) and I decided to focus on running backs. With my first two picks I chose Frank Gore and Ronnie Brown, before then selecting Dallas quarterback Tony Romo in the third round.
Catching Up With Michael Palin
Once the draft completed I decided to watch the final episodes from 1991’s Michael Palin: Pole To Pole.
Palin, who is probably best-known for his work with Monty Python back in the 1970s, has done four travel series for the BBC during the late-1980s, 1990s, and 2000s.
During the first series, Michael Palin: Around The World In Eighty Days Palin and his crew attempted to recreate Fineus Foggs’ journey around the world in eighty days.
During the “Pole To Pole” series Palin and his crew started at the North Pole and traversed their way along the 30º Longitude line to the South Pole (with one excursion to Chile because it was the only way that they could get to the South Pole). The series was an interesting look back to a period of my life that I remember well, and Palin traversed through grounds whose histories changed dramatically during that time period.
Next up in my Palin queue — Michael Palin: Saraha
It’s another close up of a painting done by Chuck Close.
One More Day Of Knee Rest
I would have loved to strap the Red Rocket onto the Jackmobile today. However, my knees are still a bit tender so I’ve decided to give them one more night of rest and return to the saddle tomorrow night — weather permitting.
Welcome To Your Forties, Martha
Today is ITP-Reader “Martha”‘s birthday. It’s not polite to talk about a woman’s age, but then when have I ever been polite? She’s forty today. 😛
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, glad I did laundry, wish I were riding tonight
Current Music – listening to the “News From Lake Wobegon” podcast
Website Of The Day – Magma is a video portal trying to aggregate the most popular videos being viewed on the web.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check, but wish that I had
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 1 (1)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 0
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Take at least one photo every day
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem