Oh hello there. I’m now going to have to admit two things.
1) I’m not going to work today because I couldn’t get all of the things done that I needed to get done last night.
2) Because I’ve been so busy this morning I almost forgot to write a blog.
Well, Look Who I Found At An Asian Food Court
Yesterday my arm was (slightly) twisted to eat at the Asian food court on New Peachtree. I used to eat there far more often, and for a while I used to meet ITP-Reader Harold (BWanA) and Ralph (One Ball) for some hot pot, but hadn’t been there in some months. I was thinking that it had been a long time since I met up with them when, whadda know, I saw Harold enter the food court. Go figure.
I tried to order from the hot pot place, but found that it had just changed owners and they had yet to print menus with English names. And for some reason I couldn’t remember the name of anything I used to order there (#72 was always good though), so I had to move on.
If You See Me Tomorrow, Try The Andouille, Cheese, Grits Cakes
I’m no Iron Chef. I’m no Top Chef. Hell, I’m not even a chef! However, I do enjoy mixing up the ingredients to prepare food (note to self: That plumbing is not going to fix itself!).
Last night I whipped up four batches of andouille, cheese, grits cakes (okay three have andouille one is vegetarian into which I added some rosemary for added flavor).
Sometimes even “simple” preparations take longer than desired. Such was the case last night when the whole “watched pot never boils” played through my mind often. I even made two batches in tandem in attempt to quicken the process. In the end it was past eleven o’clock by the time I put the last batch into the refrigerator so that it could harden up today for frying up tomorrow.
Tomorrow will also be the day that I construct a shrimp sauce that’ll be served over the non-vegetarian portions (sorry vegheads, I’m not sure I’ll be able to concoct a meatless sauce given tomorrow’s time constraints).
ITP Flickr Pic
Hey look, oh wait never mind.
Sadly part-way through grits cake preparation I thought “Oh, I should photograph this.” but then quickly dismissed the idea because I was ass-over-teakettle in preparation.
The Great Beer/Burrito Trade
Last night I met up with ITP-Reader Hank in L5P at El Myr for hard drive transfer of ownership. Hank was nice enough to buy me a burrito and two beers as trade, which I found to be an excellent offer.
I’m not sure why I don’t eat at El Myr more often, especially for as many times as I go to concerts next door at Variety Playhouse. I guess the one thing that keeps me from frequenting it is the amount of smoking inside, which is amplified by how small the restaurant is. (note to self: Make these cigarette smoking, PBR swilling hipsters pay for your healthcare before you have to pay for theirs.)
Hoping For No Mistakes By The Lake
This is the annual Hartwell Campout weekend for the Black Sheep hash. In years past I’ve been either a late arriver or early departer (or both) for various reasons. I plan to be neither this year, but one never knows…
In addition to all of the food I prepared last night and the camping gear I plan to use, I’m also packing the Red Rocket in hopes of getting in a fast, flat, twenty-mile solo ride tomorrow morning and my camera in hopes of taking a few photos this weekend. Wish me well on both.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – harried, wish that I didn’t have to take a paid vacation day today.
Current Music – listening to the “Tips From The Top Floor” podcast
Website Of The Day – I like Facebook but there’s a lot of noise on the page. I’m hoping that Facebook Lite will reduce the noise.
Mode Of Transportation To
Work Hartwell – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check because I’m too busy
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 110 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 10 (10)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 9
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Take at least one photo every day
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem