Will we ever see dry weather again in Atlanta? This morning was another one of those mornings where the humidity about knocked me out.
Five Of The One Hundred Simple Secrets Of Happy People
I am currently, and deliberately slowly, reading a super-easy read called The 100 Simple Secrets Of Happy People. Each morning I read three of these “secrets.” (Remember when I mentioned exercising my mind?)
Here are five “secrets” on which you can ponder
- Don’t let your entire life hinge on one element
- Share of yourself
- Busy is better than bored
- Satisfaction is relative
You may find this hard to believe, but I’m trying to live my life under the concept that it’s the only one I’ll ever have so I better enjoy it.
Meatless Monday Never Stood A Chance
With the fresh(ish) loaf of bread I brought to work I knew that there would be a sandwich in my lunch future. I’ve had a pack of salami just waiting for a decent loaf of bread, and when combined with some Baconnaise a fine sandwich it was. Hello salami sandwich. Good-bye Meatless Monday.
Another Successful Laundry And Lee’s Bakery Night
After work I drove down Buford Highway for another night of suds and sandwiches, except last night it was suds and half-sandwich and small pho. Sure last night’s splurge for a $6.50 dinner doubled my normal meal budget but I was definitely okay with this.
The meal was far more than a person desiring to lose weight should consume, but daaaaamn it was good. The Bahn Mi I purchased was a bbq chicken, and the pho was beef.
ITP Flickr Pic
It wasn’t only because that this van was poorly parked.
It was because this van labeled “Property Solution Specialist” was poorly parked. This is definitely a property solution with which I cannot agree.
Has This Blog “Jumped The Shark?”
I started writing this space five years ago never intending for many people to read it. Over the years my readership had grown to about 110 or so readers a day, with many lively conversations in the comments. Over the past month or so the readership is down and the commenting has dwindled as well.
I know that I’ve been busy (as I am today) thus the content has not exactly been stellar. But, I’m also cognizant of the fact that blogging has faded in popularity thanks to outlets like Twitter and people are busier than ever, which may explain the drop.
Even if the readership returns to zero I plan to keep airing my grievances (it is Festivus season after all), but I’m genuinely curious if there is something that I do in order to keep this space entertaining.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – busy, busy, busy
Current Music – listening to the “Get-It-Done Guy” podcast
Website Of The Day – Given the photo I uploaded yesterday I should have used Bread.com as yesterday’s WotD but didn’t think of it. So I’ll use it today.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (10)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 13
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem