I’m a 44-year-old man who comes from a history of heart problems. It’s time to start making some changes before it’s too late, assuming it’s not already… Yesterday I restarted taking the six flights of stairs to get to my office instead of taking the elevator.
Oh, The Good Ole Hockey Game
Last night I attended the Thrashers game with a bunch of hashing friends, including but not limited to ITP-Reader Barb. The lot of us lucked out when Leigh Ann scored four great seats in section 102 and we did a little chicanery to get seven people down in that section (Oh don’t worry, there were still plenty of available seats).
The Buffalo Sabres were in town and is the case when an old school hockey club visits Atlanta the house was more than half fans of the opposition. Those folks left happy when the Sabres won the game in overtime.
ITP Flickr Pic
Next week. No, I’m serious! Next week.
I Need To Get Grounded
I’ve made the decision to switch to AT&T U-Verse for my internet and phone service at home. I would have already made the switch if not for a condition for installation.
One of the conditions for installation is that their gateway must be plugged into a properly-grounded three-prong outlet. Much like my chagrin with my plumbing, my electrical wiring leaves more than a little to be desired.
One thing that I have going for me is that the location of my gateway will be in the basement and it could be fairly easy to either convert the outlet into which I currently have my DSL plugged to a grounded outlet, or install a brand new outlet and run a wire to the circuit box.
One thing that I don’t have going for me is that I am not a certified electrician nor an experienced handyman.
It’s mid-January which means that it must be time for a Little Easy Birthday Extravaganza and Cajun foodfest. In year’s past I worked up my version of Emeril Lagasse’s jambalaya to bring to the party, but I think tomorrow night I’m going to turn the tables a bit and bring over a pot of uncooked shrimp and some shrimp boil to make on site.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – concerned still
Current Music – listening to a “net@night” podcast
Website Of The Day – With all of the money I’m spending I’m going to have to refer to Atlanta On The Cheap to .
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds
Pages 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 37
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 12 (12*)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 13
Marta Rides – 0
* – because I stripped the bed instead of making the bed
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem