I’ve never been much of a half-birthday person, but seeing how today does mark my 44.5th birthday and I’m seeking any reason to celebrate I’ll make an exception for this year.
I Have To Make It To February 2nd
Yesterday I scheduled a physical with my doctor. Of course like everything else in my life things haven’t worked out quite as I’d hoped.
Apparently my doctor performs physicals on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, so since I called on a Thursday the earliest appointment I could possibly get would be next Tuesday. However there are no appointments available for next Tuesday. And since I’ll be traveling for work next Wednesday and Thursday, my earliest availability will be Tuesday February 2nd. And because I’ll be traveling for work later that day, and that it makes no sense for me to drive all the way to the Perimeter Mall area for a couple of hours of work before driving to the airport it appears that I’ll have to take a day off from work in order to get the physical.
Did I mention that the physical will cost $360? That means my 80% will cost me $288, and I’ll lose this credit toward my annual deductible when my plan rolls over in March.
Good Time At The Hockey Game
Though I left after two periods of the Niners/Cyclones game-after-the-game I had enough hockey love for one night. Even though not many hashers “sidegraded” their seats from Section 310 to Section 311, which is dead center ice, I had a fun time chatting with ITP-Reader Steve and our friend Kevin.
ITP Flickr Pic
Oh, I wish. The spirit hasn’t moved me this week and I’m dangerously close to missing the submission deadline for this month’s Roswell Photographic Society critique.
Is My Soap Losing Weight?
I opened a new bar of Dial soap the other morning and noticed a more-pronounced curvature to its shape. I’m not saying that
Proctor & Gamble Dial (I really thought that Dial was a P&G brand) has reduced the size of the bar of soap without reducing the bar’s footprint nor the price of soap, no wait, that’s exactly what I am saying.
Has anyone else noticed this? I really wish that I had an older bar of soap around the house so that I could compare the two and be certain.
Okay, Have To Go
I need to take a “survey” at work which will take me about two hours to complete. Yipppppeeeeee!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair
Current Music – listening to a live recording of Cold War Kids on a KCRW podcast
Website Of The Day – Thanks to Open Office’s spreadsheet app I’m able to easily update my Black Sheep stats on my Mac. Sadly Apple’s Numbers spreadsheet app failed mightily with this task.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 199 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 48
Foot Mileage – 9 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 30, Situps – 75
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4 (12*)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 20
Marta Rides – 0
* – because I stripped the bed instead of making the bed
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem