I’ll be spending most of my day interviewing prospective coworkers at Clemson University today. I was hoping to skip town early and go on a free-standing hearth hunt, but alas my day is fairly full.
Barb, How Ya Doin’?
I’m leaving my health speculations in the shadows for a little while, at least until I can consult with medical professionals.
I Love College Towns
As college towns go Clemson is tiny, which is good since I failed to bring well-fitting, comfortable shoes (I can mentally picture the ones I’d planned to bring along sitting in front of the closet waiting to be picked up) so walking was not much of an option for me last night.
My colleague and I headed out for a pizza dinner, and to my pleasure it was $1 slice night at the local pizzeria. As you can imaging the place was jammed many a cash-strapped college student. Big Spender Paulie got two cheese slices and a $3 Yeungling, even though the popular beer of the night was the Miller High Life at $1 a bottle. I would have thought my care-free “Splenda Daddy” ways would have had the college lasses flocking to me, but alas they seemed happy to remain at their original tables.
From the pizza joint I hobbled over to a coffee and ice cream shop where I had a wonderful mint-chocolate ice cream and a cup of mediocre joe. While there I saw one of the most oddly-photogenic young ladies I’ve see in some time. Given that she was:
- young enough to be my daughter
- with a group of people
I only could sit and glance her way a few times wondering what it would be like to have the inter-personal skills necessary to get people like her to pose for photographs — only the tasteful type, what do you think I am??? Ah, the life of the dreamer…..
I’m in. Is the iPad everything I’ve ever wanted from a table device? No, but I understand the iPad’s limitations and I don’t care. My only decision is whether to pony up the $130, plus $14.99-$29.99 monthly cost for the AT&T 3G cell plan for it. Am I an Apple fanboy? You betcha! And don’t forget that I’m also still an Apple stockholder. Do I have too much disposable income? Perhaps (six years of dateless-ness provides such monetary freedom).
Oh, and please no iPad name jokes here. I’ve seen and heard far too many, none of which have been funny or original. Thanks.
I May Have Given Up on Social Media
After being inundated with lousy “iPad” jokes and many personal opinions on last night’s State of the Union address I’ve made a decision to banish Twitter and Facebook from my iPhone. This is the first step in breaking my habit of using these sites since they seem to provide more time wasting than informative data. We’ll see how long this lasts. Feel free to make your own guesses in the comments. 😉
In Case You Missed It
Last night I fired off a brief rant about a partially-self-inflicted data-loss that occurred the other night.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood –
Current Music – none at the moment
Website Of The Day – iPad.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 198 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 48
Foot Mileage – 9 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 30, Situps – 75
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 9** (12*)
Vegetarian Days – 4, Carnivorous Days – 23
Marta Rides – 0
* – because I stripped the bed instead of making the bed
** – and holding since I’m not at home
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem