I’m back, but really busy…
I Guess The Joke Was On Us
A little more than two weeks ago MC Hasher insisted that we needed to get together again to play Team Trivia at Raging Burrito. I told her that I couldn’t do it last week because I was attending a hockey game, but I’d be free on January 28th and would add it to my calendar.
MC went onto Facebook and created an Event to which she, Bill, Vandy Beth, and I all responded to as “attending.” Guess which one of the four of us never showed up last night?
Vandy Beth text messaged MC, but she never responded. MC never mentioned anything on Facebook about not making it to trivia either. I guess the joke was on us.
Another joke played on us was the farce that was last night’s Team Trivia event. Either the questions were either way too simple (except for us who missed to popular current culture questions) or there was rampant cheating. Going into the final questions we were five points out of first place and six other teams were two points away from first place with near-perfect scores. When the final question, which was tough, was proposed as a multiple-choice question (WTF?) I knew the night was over for us. Seriously, when that many teams are bunched together why the hell would you make the final question multiple-choice? Naturally a handful of teams, us not included, were forced to answer a tie-breaking question. Disgustedly I left the restaurant before hearing the final outcome.
How’d the East Point trivia go?
ITP Flickr Pic
One more from last Saturday’s High Museum outing.
Atlanta, Be Ready To Be Underwhelmed By The Weather
Oh Mother Nature, what a fickle bitch you are. For the past few days we(even those of us who’ve been northwest South Carolina) have been teased with cold mornings and beautiful afternoons. Now that the weekend is nearly upon us the weather is to turn shitty and cold. Ugh.
To Hash Or Not To Hash, That Is The Question
This Sunday is another Black Sheep Hash Sunday. While I’ve been trying to be a regular attendee to the hash I’m contemplating skipping this Sunday’s hash for a collection of reasons:
- I’ve just returned home from two days away
- This week’s start is in Cartersville
- It’s supposed to be really cold this Sunday
- I have to do laundry at a laundromat this weekend
- Next week will be an incredibly busy week consisting of more travel to a neighboring state for college recruiting
If I weren’t the holder of the hash stats, and didn’t already know that I’ll be missing the hash in two weeks as well I’d have no problem skipping this Sunday’s hash.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair, not great but fair
Current Music – listening to last week’s “News from Lake Wobegon” podcast
Website Of The Day – I can’t give you a hug, but I can introduce you to Treehugger.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 199 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 48
Foot Mileage – 9 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 30, Situps – 75
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 10 (12*)
Vegetarian Days – 4, Carnivorous Days – 24
Marta Rides – 0
* – because I stripped the bed instead of making the bed
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem