I have an early morning flight back to rainy Atlanta. With a peek at this morning’s weather radar for the southeast only Jeebus knows when I’ll actually land today.
Another Successful Recruiting Trip Is In The Books
I’ll admit that when I awoke yesterday I didn’t know how much I had to give to the recruiting effort. I was tired, somewhat hungover, but mostly dreading a day using a voice which had been abused by hours of chatter on Wednesday. However, being a “professional” I bucked up and managed to push through a day consisting of eight interviews. (commence to patting myself on my back.)
I give credit to NC State for producing another crop of credible future-engineers from foreign lands with Masters degrees. Only time will tell is any of them find their way to Atlanta to work for my company.
ITP Flickr Pic
The weather during this stay has been rather unspectacular. This was the view from my hotel’s twelfth-floor restaurant on Wednesday morning.
I’m still looking for some spark of inspiration to take my photography to the next level.
Good Times With The Raleighites
One of the things I didn’t expect to happen was spending some time with ITP-Readers Lisa and Randy. Last night my coworker Joe and I met up the them and their two boys for a good dinner at of all places a burger joint called Mo Joe’s. Given that they are both vegetarian I thought it was an odd choice, but as to be expected Mo Joe’s offers vegetarian versions of all of their offerings.
Last night was an early night as both Joe and I decided we needed a night in to recover from this trip. Somehow I spent about four hours at my laptop without accomplishing anything.
Week Ending Quick Hits
I don’t have all that much to say today so I’ll finish the blog with a series of short topics.
- The TSA confiscated my friend Maigh‘s Leatherman yesterday when she attempted to fly. However, she said that she was able to board the plane with two sets of knitting needles.
- You will probably not be surprised to read that I still admire college women. I’ll never be able to be a college professor since I’d be consistently distracted. Don’t hate, I’m just being honest.
- Even more than that I’m still lusting for an iPad. It might kill me to have to wait for the 3G version to be released while others run around with the WiFi version.
- The key to my esophagus’ recovery may be the reduction of spicy food intake. I’ve not been spicing it up much here in Raleigh and things have been a little better.
- I’d like to stay at home this weekend, but have already committed myself a Super Bowl party on Sunday.
- I am like a kid in a candy store when I go to Peace Camera in Raleigh. I could spend a lot of money there very easily.
- After nearly nine years I’m still attempting to start learning photo-editing skills. I own Photoshop, am about to get the latest Photoshop Elements for the Mac, and also have Pixelmator.
I just found a Pixelmator Tutorial podcast that I am going to start viewing soon. I wish that I had found this sooner, especially sine they appear to charge $1 per episode for some of their archived podcasts.
- For the first time ever I’ve made a pot of half-caf, half-decaf coffee to reduce my caffeine intake. It doesn’t taste the same. 🙁
- I’m still trying to find time to create my own LLC and unified email address.
- That’s strange, my iCal dock icon is stuck on February 3rd. In Snow Leopard it’s supposed to show the current date.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – “off”
Current Music – listening to the latest “Musicheads” podcast
Website Of The Day – I will not be the Man In Seat 61 today but admit I wouldn’t mind being that guy one day.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – n/a
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – not near my scale
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 48
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (2*)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 4
Marta Rides – 0
* – and holding since I’m in a hotel
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem